1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riteks in Victoria, Australia???

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by grogey, Mar 24, 2004.

1. grogey

grogey Guest

Wow - my second post!!

Can someone - anyone - please give me a hint on where I can purchase these ants pants purple Riteks that you all talk about?

I live in the bush in Central Victoria so there isn't alot of availability close by. In fact last time I checked the best I could do locally was a grand total of 3 single cased verbatim DVD-Rs for $6.50 each!! What one will do when one is desperate.......

However I do have a friend who frequents Melbourne for his business and would be able to buy them wholesale (or even retail) if we could discover just where to do that from.

I'd also be interested to know what the price range on them is.

Thanks in anticipation

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

3. dan_0z

dan_0z Member

i buy my ritek discs in werribee from a place called abcd computers or something... they also sell online too so you dont need to travel to them.
    a 50 spindle of dvd-r 4x cost me $75 so thats only like $1.60 each.
    not too shabby... and so far ive never had a single error
    hope that helps you any
    the other thing you could do is find out wen the next computer traders swap meet is closes to you... there is always someone selling dvd blanks.. if you buy enough off them they will sell u wholesale prices

4. grogey

grogey Guest

SwapMeet? Swapmeet? What is that? Oh must be one of those new-fangled city things like Broadband that don't exist out here in the never never!! LOL (all said very tongue in cheek - mind you I do have to say that Broadband really doesn't exist out here *sob* *sob*)

But seriously I think the closest swapmeet to me would be an hour and a half away - makes the discs very expensive if you get there and then they don't have what you are looking for.

Thanks very much for the info on abcd.... will try to see what I can do there.

_
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Grogeybear
    who says "The best revenge is to live a good life" and
    "Aim for CHARM not PERFECTION"
    http://groups.msn.com/APatchworkPlace/_whatsnew.msnw[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2004
  5. Wacka

Wacka Guest

6. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

hey, mate. good to see more Aussies.

Should start an "Aussie stuff" channel in other topics or something.

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows what the "code" is that DVD Identifer uses for Ritek G04'

Cheers
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]AKA: TRHR (The Red Headed Ranger).
    [​IMG]

Come say hello and join the Afterdawn IRC Channel
    server: irc.addictz.net
    Channel: ad_buddies[/small]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2004
  7. herbsman

@ Damon

8. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

Thanks alot Herb!

9. herbsman

No worries Damon

Just watching World SuperBikes from Phillip Island Race Track ... the Aussies did well ;-)
    Shame Steve Martin's bike gave out a couple of laps from the end (of race 2).

10. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

LoL, yeah i watched it too, same name as me, Philip Island, nice fast track.

I've never seen any ads for riteks here in oz, didn't even know they sold them.

i pay just over a dollar for my disks, and have never had a prob, but for a little bit more $Kazash you get a bit of piece of mind, think i'll get some right now.

11. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

12. herbsman

That Purple Ritek branded X4 DVD-R is the best , you can also get RiData / RiDisc / Arita etc that are all the same dye (Ritek G04 dye) !;-)

13. herbsman

14. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

15. jpl

jpl Member

Hello All..

I stumbled across this link in our web stats so I though I may as well have some input after all it is our products that are being questioned here I think..

We have been selling Ritek Media for sometime now and not one have our customers have been disappointed with the quality of the media. We are EXTREMELY competitive with the products we sell including the Riteks we run the site only not a shop so we can afford to be competitive.

I would like to re-assure you that our Ritek Media is in fact the same G04's that are sold world wide and welcome any one to test them.

U-Tech may well be the registered distributor for Ritek here in Australia but unfortunately even the do not show the ability to be competitive in such a cut throat market.

Paul
    JPL

16. grogey

grogey Guest

Well it seems like ages since I was asking about the Riteks.

Thanks to all who pointed me in the right direction. I got my hands on 150 of the little darlings and boy are they fantastic!! I've only made bird scaring tree hangers out of 2 so far - that is after using a spindle of 50!!

Who would have guessed that the quality of the product makes all the difference and you get what you pay for hehehehehehehehehehe

17. herbsman

Good to hear [bold]grogey[/bold] :p)

Paul (JPL) I am curious to know which of the Ritek G04 discs you sell (for everyone elses sake as I live in U.K and have no problems w/ supply *wink*).
    Any of the below ..?

[​IMG]
    [bold]Ritek Grade A printables[/bold]
    [​IMG]
    [bold]Ritek Ridisc A Grade 4x DVD-R[/bold]
    [​IMG]
    [bold]Ritek Branded A Grade 4x DVD-R[/bold]
    [​IMG]
    [bold]Ritek Ridata A Grade 4X DVD-R[/bold]

I STAY AWAY FROM THESE:
    [​IMG]
    [bold]Ritek (G04 dye) Landscape 4x DVD-R[/bold] (they are overprints) !!
    [​IMG]
    [bold]Datasafe Ritek A Grade 4x DVD-R[/bold]
    (I never trust Datawrite/Datasafe , through experience)

18. herbsman

Just to make sure everyone knows - [bold]they are ALL Ritek G04 dye media above [/bold] !!

19. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

Good Question, Herb!

I'd love to know as well what grade of Ritek G04's u sell. Especially with U-Tech saying they were the only offical wholesaler of A grade Ritek's in Oz.

If you sell Ritek A grade are they direct from Taiwan then?

Please you can post with as much info regrading grade, brand, DVD media ID, etc. But not price as this changes so much.
    If you can include pictures too that'd be great.

I'm currently working on a thread about Ritek distributors so after I've/or someone else I know has tried some of your disc's that info can be included in that thread which will become a sticky so every Aussie members can have an idea about where to buy their Ritek G04's.

Alot of users rely on Afterdawn's knowledge so any information u supply will no doubt help the sale of your disc's (as long as the product is good).

Thank you for your time,
    Damon.

20. jpl

jpl Member

Herb,

The 2 Riteks that we sell are the G04 Inkjet Printables which is the top pictures you have on your post. The other one is the plain non branded silver top disc which is also G04.

We also had the 3rd picture disk but stoped them as customers prefer the plain silver tops as we have a lot of customers that use them with Thermal Printers.

Once again I must insure the fact that we ONLY carry A GRADE MEDIA.

We were infact buying wholesale from UTech but unfortuantly their pricing was way to high for us to be competitive. We are now sorcing the exact same media from else where, we infact mentioned to our customers not long after we started that we were going to change our source of Ritek Media and asked for any feedback or problems that may have occured, the only Feedback we got was appreciation of the price drop.

In the last 4 months we have sold over 40,000 disks and in that time we have over a total of 12 disks that have been reported faulty, I think in all fairness a total of 12 disks amongst this quanity is fair.

Should anyone have any further concerns please feel free to browse www.austech.info which is one of Australias biggest online Technology Forums of which we are a sponser, I am sure you will find quite a number of recommendations regarding the Media our Company and Services.

Regards
    Paul
    jpl