1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ritek's OEM company Databank, 50 dvd-r for $58. Good?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by pbailey, Mar 28, 2004.

1. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

2. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

Hey mate, how r ya?

I've just sent off an email to Ritek Australia asking about there offical retailers here in Australia, so we'll know what product to buy. I put that link of yours about the "databank" riteks in there as that seems a little cheap with the current prices.

So I'll let you know the answer when it comes backs.

I haven't seen u yet on IRC, mate. Come on pull your finger out and join us, it's fun.

Cheers

3. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

LOl, yeah mate, been pretty swamped at the mo', more than i'd like going on at the moment...

Hardly have time to come here anymore, but i do make sure i get here, just for 5 minutes, like now :(

Going to be selling my car soon and heading over to London for a year or so, hopefully longer, i have a cousin in Hamilton (NZ) i'll prolly go over with, that and the fact that i need money bad is not helping, LOL, anyway, if i get a spare moment i'll see you in irc.

4. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

Hey Buddy,

Just got the reply from Ritek Australia, which is now called U-Tech. They didn't mention anything about your link, but here's the whole correspondence anyway:

To Whom it may concern,
    I'm a home computer user very interested in using Ritek G04 DVD-R 4.7Gb discs, as I've heard through multiple sources that these are fantastic discs. The problem is that there seems to be quite alot of variance in price and quality regarding these discs, and there also is some substandard discs floating around claiming to be Riteks.
    So I was asking if you could tell me who are your official retailers here in Australia that I can buy from online or alternatively a retailer around my area. I am really looking for a quality of Ritek G04's similar to the ones made for Clonedisc or Traxdata overseas. If you can also tell me the particular type of Ritek G04 to buy that would be extremely helpful as well.
    Could you also tell me if this particular disc in the following link is a quality Ritek G04, that is similar to what I'm looking for. It is being sold at a significantly lower price than most Ritek G04 discs so I am unsure of it's quality.

http://www.jpldisplays.com.au/oscommerce/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=125

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response,

[bold]Answer from Ritek Australia:[/bold]

So there you go, you can buy direct from Ritek if you want to.
    The email address to ask about buying them direct is:disc@ritek.com.au

The only other place I can recommend for buying Riteks is PCX.

http://www.pcx.com.au/media/media_DVD.htm

I've bought some of the 4x speed Ritek 4.7Gb DVD-r disc's off them (which are Ritek G04's) and they seem to be great. But I have no idea of what grade of Ritek they are.
    You can buy online from them or they have wholesale stores where you can buy in person in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne.

Hope this Helps.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]AKA: TRHR (The Red Headed Ranger).
    [​IMG]

Come say hello and join the Afterdawn IRC Channel
    server: irc.addictz.net
    Channel: ad_buddies[/small]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2004
  5. Noel

Noel Guest

In Australia avoid the cheap DVD+R from Strathfield Car Radio at AUS$1.68 each. They are rubbish and over 50% will skip and give errors after about 45 min into a movie.

I use either TEAC DVD+R from Kmart (about $25 per 10) or RICOH (made by RITEK) at $2.40 each. Both have never given any problems, other than user generated mistakes.

6. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

@ [bold]pbailey[/bold]

Give us a shout just before you come on over for that year in London & I'll gladly meet up & have a beer homeboy :p)

HERB
    [​IMG]
    [bold]Ritek Grade A printables[/bold]
    [​IMG]
    [bold]Ritek Ridisc A Grade 4x DVD-R[/bold]
    [​IMG]
    [bold]Ritek Branded A Grade 4x DVD-R[/bold]
    [​IMG]
    [bold]Ritek Ridata A Grade 4X DVD-R[/bold]

I STAY AWAY FROM THESE:
    [​IMG]
    [bold]Ritek (G04 dye) Landscape 4x DVD-R[/bold] (they are overprints) !!
    [​IMG]
    [bold]Datasafe Ritek A Grade 4x DVD-R[/bold]
    (I never trust Datawrite/Datasafe , through experience)

My favourites are the Ritek branded purple Grade A G04 DVD-R (X4)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    Afterdawn Guides: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/
    Afterdawn Rules: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/6346
    Petition for your rights: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/75048[/small]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2004
  7. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

Thanks for the pics, Herbs. They're a big help!!

8. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

Herbsman i'll definately get in contact with you b4 i go over, nothing better than trying new beers and new pubs, and from i've seen and heard, nobody has pubs like england. We got the term 'local' for a pub off you guys i think...?

Spent about 4 months on a snowboarding trip in new zealand last year, 4th time i've been over, and must have gone out every night, every morning was a blurred-hangover rush to the next hostel/backpackers, lol. Brilliant fun.

Oh, and the ladies, goddam, prolly my fave thing about travelling, the variety of chicks. ;)

9. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

oops, forgot to thank damon thanks for the info dude, the next time i can afford some discs i'll be hunting around for these. Whenever that will be :( Poor me, LOL :) haha

Have been trying to get the 3 matrix onto a disc but using shrink, when it gets down to 1.5 gig it trashes the quality, yet at about 2 gig it's still fine. Big movies i guess, and i don't think too many people would want to sit in front of a tv for 5 hours watching Keanu Reeves, hell i know i wouldn't lol. Did enjoy the movies a lot tho, i like the way the watchowski (sp?) bros are old skool style like the alien trilogy, or at least the first two aliens were kick ass, shame about the fourth.

Oh yeah, lol, it's easter. Happy Easter everyone.

10. kRu_ZaDeR

kRu_ZaDeR Guest

I bought these Ritek OEM DVD-R's 50pk for under $50.00 at NewEgg.com and all I can say is that they blow all the other brands out of the water. I was using TDK's but these would only play in my Panasonic RV32 and not in my Sony DVP-NS315. But these AWESOME Ritek's plays in both my players. Also I was having some burning problems with the TDK's from my Plextor 708A but, you guessed it, have not had any problems w/ these Ritek's so far. I'm sold and buying my my next 100 batch for under $90. Enjoy.

11. Buik

Buik Regular member

kRu_ZaDeR

Whoa. Before you buy from NewEgg, check out www.meritline.com. I picked up a bulk pack (100) of GO3's for $69.00 US w/free ground shipping.

12. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

I don't know where kruzader is, US i guess if he's buying from newegg.com (?) but at the moment $69 US is trading at $90.50 AUD, just thought that was interesting.

13. herbsman

G03 are not anywhere near as good as the G04 dye...

14. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

[bold]@ pbailey,[/bold]
    You know if you used a encoder like cce instead of a transcoder you could probably get all 3 Matrix films on to a dvd-r with decent quality.
    I did it myself once with the three friday films (what can I say, I was bored!).

Cheers.

15. herbsman

The 3 Friday films are a lot smaller in size compared to Matrix Trilogy ;-)

I'd give each Matrix it's own disc myself ... (is what I did in fact)

16. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

yeah i'm just going to keep them on separate disks, but one day i'll try with cce, it was just for a friend. 2 movies on one seems fine, but the quality suffers unless using an encoder, i have cce, lol, so i may aswell use it one of these daze, lol.

17. herbsman

hehehe

CCE SP is the one to have & yes it is a good encoder indeed ;-)

[prefer the easy/quick life myself & use MainConcept MPEG Encoder though].