1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ritex 8X dvd - R

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by jrr864, Jan 27, 2005.

1. jrr864

jrr864 Member

Why Can't I make a copy from a copy with ritex 8x dvd - r
    using roxio 7 ?

2. 2ExTReme

2ExTReme Member

one thing i'd be very careful of is copying with ANY disc at 8x. The read speed has to be significant and keep up with the 8x write speed. I only write past 4x when i'm burning from the hard drive as an .ISO or files. I seriously doubt you'd have great success burning at 8x on the fly "copy to copy" with any 8x media. It also depends what drive you're reading from too but again, just to make things easier on yourself, on the fly do at a max of 4x or just rip the stuff from your main disc to your hard drive and then burn that at 8x. You'll see you'll have almost perfect results that way, or at least you should.

Hope this helps.

3. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

2extreme's response assumes you are copying from one dvd drive to another. But that's not clear from your question. If that's what you meant, and 2extreme's answer is sufficient, then fine.

But you could also be asking about how to use "roxio 7". Is that what you are asking?

Or, you could be asking why you are having trouble with a particular brand of media (ritex 8x). Here it could be because of errors in the copy that you are trying to copy.

In my experience, one line questions rarely provide enough detail for any kind of reasonable response. We need details, details, details. Specifics, specifics, specifics.

4. rafigold

rafigold Regular member

It is also possible that you need to flash your drive to make it compatible with 8x media. I have had a NEC 1300 for a while now and had to download newer firmware to make it recoginse 8x media

5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Burning on the fly is a gamble . Try using DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter to make a copy of a copy. you will find its much more reliable that way. And dont get caught up in making a fast burn.Slowing it down = less coasters.