1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RLOD

Discussion in 'PS3' started by mystamann, Oct 10, 2012.

1. mystamann

mystamann Member

I know this has been asked before but it has been a while and hasn't been updated. I have the 2nd gen fat and when I turn it on it sounds like the fan wants to kick on but it doesn't and goes to blinking red light. All in 1-3 secs. We have a bga machine where I work so I got them to reflow the chips. Put Silver on the chips and still nothing. Any advice or fixes that can help? Thanks

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Actually, that is a reball, not a reflow, meaning that they exchanged the solder. A reflow is normally done with a heat gun. I think that there's nothing you can do about this anymore, normally I would have said put it in the oven for 10 minutes at 200 °C, but in your case that won't help either.

3. mystamann

mystamann Member

Well that was not the news I was wanting lol. Thanks for response.

4. crosseye

crosseye Member

Try doing a reflow anyway, many tutorials on YouTube, you've got nothing to lose.

5. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Could you please stop digging up three year old topics?

6. crosseye

crosseye Member

I didn't dig up anything. If you don't like what people respond to, then it sounds like you have a problem.

7. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Check the last answer before yours, it was from October 10, 2012. Now tell me again you didn't dig up anything. Also the information given by you was totally irrelevant, with a reballing gone wrong a reflow is useless. And because I think you got no idea what a reballing or a reflow is, just in short for you: When you do a reballing with a BGA station you de-solder the CPU and the GPU from the mainboard, remove all solder on them, add new solder and re-solder them back onto the mainboard. If you do something wrong (miss a soldering point for example) the PS3 won't work. For a reflow you normally use a heatgun, heating up several areas on the PS3 mainboard, which is just hot enough to temporarily close the cracks in the solder that cause the YLOD (RLOD) in the first place.

8. crosseye

crosseye Member

Once again I will state, I didn't dig up anything. Unlike you I don't spend all of my time watching who writes what on this website. Unlike you I have a life. A great one in fact. Obviously you don't know anything about me so I'm not going to stoop to your level. I don't care what the date was on the post I replied to. I read it, and replied to it. That's that. And when I read another and feel like responding, I will.

9. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Unlike you I have arguments and don't have to get personal. Oh, and unlike you I won't respond to this anymore.