1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.rm movie to .avi?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by sskillzz, Apr 21, 2005.

1. sskillzz

sskillzz Member

What program would I need to convert a .rm movie file to .avi, or better yet possibly just burn straight from .rm to a CD-R so i can watch it on my DVD Player. I have a 'Philips DVP642' by the way if that mattered any...I was just wondering if it was possible to burn a .rm movie to CD-R so I can watch it on my DVD Player or would I have to convert to .avi or something manually? Help is appreciated ...

2. DaisyLin

DaisyLin Member

You can convert your rm file directly to VCD/SVCD format, so that you can burn the output file to CD-R disc. To do this job, I think you'd better download a winavi video converter from http://www.winavi.com/video-converter.htm to have a try!

3. sskillzz

sskillzz Member

Thanks man, gonna try this out after school ... I appreciate the help.

4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

winavi is a pretty straight tool.... ?

if you wanna do it my way, then,

first you need real alternative. install it.
    then you need avisynth. install it.
    next read some basic things about avisynth, on how to use it.
    the write script with directshowsource() function.
    load it up to an mpeg1/2 encoder. start encoding.
    i like QuEnc. (mpeg1/2 encoder)

5. sskillzz

sskillzz Member

Shiroh, is this a better way than winavi? And also another off topic question, if i already have an .avi file and i want to burn it to a CD-R, how would I go about doing so? Because I burned it as a 'CD-ROM ISO' with Nero and it wouldn't play in my Philips DVP642 so I just wanted to know if i burn it as something else or what am I doing wrong? Thanks for all the help.

6. wrathloki

wrathloki Regular member

hey, i saw this and decided to try this program, and it works great, all except for the fact that when i try to turn my .rm's to .vob, it makes it 16x9 even though its a 4x3 video. How do i stop that from happening?