1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rogero Cex CFW 4.21

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by goyankees, Oct 22, 2012.

1. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

This looks like a very interesting read. Damn Rogero busted this one out quick as fack.

hxxp://www.ps3hax.net/2012/10/rogero-cex-4-21-cfw-v1-00-free-for-all/

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

i noticed some talk about bricks.... the 25xx line of slims... the need for 3.55 is still there... but i can confirm 4.21 cfw is real multiman shows 4.21 along with syscall 36 ^_^ ill wait for dex cfw at least there you can soft downgrade :3 this cfw on cex i don't think you can downgrade w/o using flashers :(

3. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

Yea i dont think it soft downgrdes either. But oh yeah this is real but very premature still. People bricking like shat. Also, no homebrew, so in actuality there is no reason to use this yet but it sure is a glowing light in a great path. Soon to come we'll have that solid final version cfw. I just wanna see kmeaw 4.25. Then i will bust in my pants. :D

How is that Dex scene? I hear its difficult to manage but sweet as f*k?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  4. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

dex is all good... btw you can sign the homebrew you use yourself.... either extract the eboot.bin or eboot.self from pkg file or just ftp it from the ps3 then just decrypt it with scetool and encrypt with 3.60 keys that should make it work on CFW 4.21...

5. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

The eboot of the homebrew apps you mean? Where in my ps3 are these installed again? Thanks, ill keep this in mind, i need my nes and snes. :D

6. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

7. bigo93

bigo93 Regular member

lol, not been here for some time since i deleted my bookmarks :p

DO NOT install the v1.00 that WILL BRICK the 25xx slims

v1.09 seems to be working OK, no bricks so far, but still wait a couple of days for others to make sure it's OK then install.

You still need to be on 3.55 to install this, remember to enable QA flag before installing as well. And more important of all do a nand/nor backup before installing in case of a brick, even if everyone else says they didnt get a brick.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  8. cletoz

cletoz Regular member

I don't have a dongle, you think they'll eventually fix it so OFW can downgrade or do this CFW?

9. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

did mine today it didnt brick but failed at 61% retried and all good no brick, made a backup first

10. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

How do i enable QA flag? iS that on system recovery mode or something like that? Also, how do i do nand/nor backup, thanks!

What does that retroarch play?

11. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

1.09 seems to do bricks out of fat units now lol.... QA flag is good for rehashing the syscon for downgrades... but it will be disabled once you get to 4.21 cfw... you know... the backup of nor/nand is good and all... but once he unit is bricked and you dont have a flasher you wont restore it back... you can fix the brick even w/o a backup by doing a downgrade...

you can enable qa flag by installing one of these
    http://www.ps3devwiki.com/wiki/QA_Flagging#GameOS_app_to_QA_flag
    install one and run it simple as that... read all about it on that page :3
    as for nor/nand backup you can use miltiman if you want... but it wont help you unless you have a hardware flasher...

as for retro arch... heres a list...
    BTW 4.25 DEX leaked (^__^) CFW 4.30 is out aswell d(=_=)b

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  12. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

Yeah i was just reading bout E3's CFW LOLOLOL Im crazy confused now with all these fricking cfw's out. Im not installing any for now. Things just dont look stable. Bricks everywhere and its not like the 360 scene where you brick your console depending on how you performed the flash procedure. I can deal with that and i did several times succefully but knowing i can have a brick just because of the software? Fack thatttt. Ima wait till kmeaw or till i hear these cfw's are flawless. Till then, kmeaw 3.55 it is for now.

btw, can i sign ac3 eboot myself with all these keys out?

13. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

AC3 eboot is out anyway... look for duplex... Assassins.Creed.III.Eboot.Patch.PS3-DUPLEX
    (^_^)