1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rollercaoster fans?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Alien13, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Hey

I was wondering how many people on this site are rollercoaster fans. I am a hugh fan of rollercoasters but live in Australia and the only places i know that have good rollercoasters is Queensland but to get there i have to go on a plane. The rollercoasters in Queensland are in Dreamworld, Movieworld and seaworld and they are all cool ive just been there so wont be going for a while so would like to here what rollercoasters you have been on.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I used to love rollercoasters. I live in west central ohio. I am in-between Cedar point in sandusky to the north and Paramount Kings Island to the south - north of cincinnati.

Cedar Point kicks ass,roller-coaster wise.

Both parks are always trying to top the other for awesome coasters.

I haven't been to either one for a few years, I got whip-lash when some dumb-ass rear ended me several years ago.

3. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Man that sucks.

4. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

I like rollercoasters, but I hate lines. I like the South Park where the boys spend their precious carnival tickets on a ride that's a simulation of a line. I live within ~2hrs drive of Six Flags in D.C. and King's Dominion which is cool.

5. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Yeah the lines really Pizz me off.

And to everyone whos also a rollercoaster fan whats the fastest, most loops, most corckscrews and mixture of all you've been on?

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

7. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Yeah weekdays are the best. But because im still in schoool Grade/year 9 i have to go on the holidays but thats good because schools in queensland go back before i do so there are hardly any people there (not much lines) :)

8. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey all, I didn't want to start another thread, so I had to find this thread and bring it back to life.

I took my girlfriend to Cedar Point yesterday and it was incredible. The first ride we waited 45 mins for it to open up,it was the Top Thrill Dragster! That was only a 17 second ride,but you did 0-120+ mph in 2 seconds,then straight up around 300 Feet.Throw in a couple twists at the top,the zoomed back down with another twist or 2 and come to a screeching halt!The awesome part:If that coaster don't go fast enough to make it up and over the top,is screaches backward and starts all over again! My gf nearly crapped her panties, LOL

Next ride was the magnum xl-200.That ride was going off only about half full carts. A 200 ft hill on the git-go and hold onto your cookies.

Then Power tower. It takes you way up neer the 300 ft area and then drops you most of the way down,then backup 200 ft and drop again.

I chickened out on the premier 300+ foot Millenium force roller coaster.That baby is so intimidating.You can see it 30 miles away.

We had a ball all day.Since it was during the work week,be basically didn't have to wait very long in lines. Other awesome coasters: Blue streak/Mean streak/gemini/Mantis-my ears are still hurting from the head rest with all the loops and twists/Corkscrew/Raptor-it's awesome and very smooth/iron dragon/disaster transport-all enclosed.

Another featured ride that we didn't do was the Max-Air.

The wicked twister ride was broke down most of the morning,we chickened out on that one too!

If anybody is remotely close to sandusky oh and have all day,this is the amusement park to be at.The roller coasters are well worth the $45 entrance cost. I think next year,we'll make a 2 day affair out of it.

Check out cedarpoint.com

9. gear79

gear79 Guest

i live in south texas.......... love rollercoasters....... the wife and i and crazy fans. we went to the outskirts of dallas, in arlington, rode this ride called Goliath.... OMG, talk about a kick azz ride.... takes you up to around 350 feet or so (is supposedly the largest drop in Texas) and takes you to speeds of around 90 MPH.... best rollercoaster ride of my life.. however, i was in Kansas City, Mo on vacation, went to a theme park called Worlds of Fun, the very first ride, called the Mamba, steep drop..... speeds up to 80 MPH, but lost my freakin eye glasses on the first drop....... pissed me off, brand new glasses, cost me out the ying yang for em.......... i was blind for over 5 hours, but i rode that ride 14 more times......... it was so good.

10. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I had to remove my glasses on the Top Thrill Dragster.They also made me put my hat under my t-shirt. I then had to buy an eyeglass strap for them for the rest of the day. I am blind as a bat without mine.The gf would have been screwed if I lost my glasses because she can't drive a stick, LOL

Cedar point has been ranked the best theme park in the world for the last 6 or 7 years. I was talking to a family from chicago and their local theme park is six flags,somewhere around the wisconsin/illinois border.They said cedar points worst rollercoaster is still better than their best coaster.

11. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Cool, i forgot about this thread :) Keep them coming peoples :)

12. gear79

gear79 Guest

wooden roller coaster here in san antonio six flags........ lives up to its name, hurts like hell too, ride literally lives up to its name, the rattler.
    another one in houston, called joker's revenge........ bad ride for guys let me tell you, its got this bar that is positioned up underneath your 'goods' and it truely hurts you.... at the same park, they have mr. freeze, launches you from 0 to 93mph in under 4 seconds, by far, my fastest acceleration ride yet.........i rode it around 6 times by myself cuz the wife was too scared of it.

13. Stitch221

Stitch221 Regular member

I live in Connecticut USA, and the best roller coaster I had been to was
    Boulder Dash. It is in Lake Coumpounce and its the number 1 roller coaster in the world! I almost puked when I went on that ride.

14. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

I have to say one of my fav is (they all my fav) the corkscrew, it goes at 70 and starts off with a loop which is just around the corner from the loading bay then after that you go around another corner and theres two corkscrews in a row then around another corner and back to the loading bay. :
    http://roller-coaster.com.au/gallery/corkscrew-sw/thumbnails/007.jpg

[​IMG]

sorry for the bigness

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2005
  15. gdubya

gdubya Member

Saugmon,

I was born and raised in Ohio,now reside in Arkansas.Anyways,you should've went on the Millenium Force it looks big and bad,but once you get on it's a blast.Takes about 15-20 seconds to reach the peak of the first hill and then an 80 degree drop at 310 feet going 92 mph is so fun! it's a very smooth ride ,too,not bumpy like most coasters.Never been on the Top Thrill Dragster,but my top five goes like this..

1). MF
    2). Mantis (Did you know thats the longest stand-up coaster in the world?
    3). Raptor
    4). Power Tower (getting dropped)
    5).Batman at Six Flags or whatever it's called now in Aurora,OH.

16. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Heres one i havent been on it aint a roller coaster but its freaky:

The Giant Drop is the tallest free-falling ride in the world according to the Guiness Book of World Records.

But don’t be lulled into a false sense of security by the relaxing journey to the top (the view is amazing if you can keep your eyes open long enough).

Within seconds you’re plummeting 120-metres at terminal speed. It’s the closest thing to sky diving … well almost.

[​IMG]

17. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I've got 2 free tickets to Paramount's Kings Island and this is the last week for them to be open.

I heard they got the world's only wooden rollercoaster that has a loop! Son Of Beast, but it's a typical wooden rollercoaster-it beats the hell out of you,LOL. My gf wanted to go to michigan this weekend,but I'm trying to convince her to go to kings island instead.

I was off on the height of Top Thrill Dragster, It goes straight up 430 feet!

gdubya: You can have the Mantis, My ear lobes are still sore from those pads, LOL

18. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

This is the last weekend for Paramounts Kings Island until the holidays so I used my free tickets yesterday. We had a blast until about 2 pm when everybody and his brother was there.

Son of Beast: Worlds only looping wooden rollercoaster. Over a mile long and it was a very good. It didn't beat me up like most wooden coasters do. My girlfriend had no Idea that it looped!Boy was she surprised.

The Beast: Man I forgot how bad that thing beat you up. Gf didn't like it,but it's still a blast.

Face Off: This coaster was different,People are facing either backwsrds or forwards-goes up and lets you go. You go through a couple of loops. We started in the backwards position. After both loops it took up back up again,then we were forward and go through the loops again. Quick ride,but well worth it.

Top Gun: Just like the raptor at cedar point.Very smooth and ride didn't last long. Sweet ride.

Vortex: Still a sweet ride. GF loved it with all the twists/loops/ and corkscrew action.

Racers: Going forward- Somebody puked in the red train so the had to wash it and let it air dry for a few rides.Took a while to get onto that one,LOL Still a very good ride.

Flight of Fear: This is an excellent inside coaster. It's set up like you are boarding a UFO. It goes 0-50+ in 4 seconds and goes through a lot of twists and loops. Very sweet!

Tomb Raider: We had no idea about this one. I thought it was a simulator the way they sat down a boatload of people.It turned you upside down,drop you,launch you,and a bunch of stuff.They left us hanging at the top of the building-upside down for what seemed like a minute.GF definetely didn't like that one, LOL

This park is fun,but the coasters aren't near as high as cedar points.I live 130 miles from cedar point and 110 miles from kings Island.Can't wait till next year.

19. gear79

gear79 Guest

whats the ride that you lay down flat and its like you are flying, its on rails and seats like 8 across? there was a ride in houston called joker's revenge, it too is on rails, but it has the partition that rests between your legs and has a drop down shoulder/body brace, your head rattles between the ear guards and hurts like hell, but for the guys, that rack between your sack will make you not consider having sex for at least 2 days.... hurts like you could never imagine...

20. haz3

haz3 Guest

I've been around the U.S. just to ride roller coasters and out of all the ones the best I've been on is the top thrill dragster, which was the tallest and fastest until another recently came out which I have yet to ride, the Kingda Ka. It's currently the fastest tallest coaster in the world at six flags, jersey. It beats the dragster by about 30 some feet i think. They're both above four-hundred feet tall. Overall, the best park for roller coasters is cedar point, ohio.