1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roms and HDLoader

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Jesus020, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Jesus020

Jesus020 Member

Can I put images of emulators like "super-station" and "it mite be nes"on my HDD and play them with HDLoader?

2. superstui

superstui Regular member

well, do you have a way of getting them on the hd?

How will the PS2 be able to put on the emulators without a mod or swapmagic?

3. Jesus020

Jesus020 Member

to get them on i would make the image file for the emulators and then dump it on the HD with WinHiip.

4. superstui

superstui Regular member

ok so you know how to use WINHIP. That's good. Yea I'm pretty sure that you can play emulators.

BTW how is your hard drive hooked up to your PS2 and the comp?

Did you take the hd out of the PS2 and reformat it? If you reformat it won't it lose all the unsaved information?

5. Jesus020

Jesus020 Member

I took my HDD out of the PS2 and opend up my computer, set the HDD to slave and hooked it up. I didn't use my offical PS2 HDD cause it only has 26GB free. I bought a 200gb maxtor drive on sale for $100 a while ago wich, is the one i used. It may sound hard but it's really easy.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  6. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

you can run the emulators off the hdd, but you cant load the roms for snesstation off the hdd. and if you put a rom disc in the tray it wont read them. If you slide carded the disc in it may work (I havnt tried that method so I cant say for sure)

7. superstui

superstui Regular member

can you take a hd out of the PS2 put it in the comp as a slave and then put roms on it then put it back in the PS2 and still have all the stuff on the hd from the beginning plus the roms?

8. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

you dont even need to do that, you can put SNesstation on a cd with all your roms then put it in hdloader and say "INSTALL". It would put the whole thing in its own partition. But it still wont play. It iwll start snes but NOT load any roms. This is because snes station is not written to be run off a HDD, they are slowly making each emulator able to support hddd with roms and all, but it hasnt happened for most the good ones yet.

9. superstui

superstui Regular member

what good is it to put roms on the hd if you can't play em'?

10. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

the same good it is to put SNESSTATION on your HDD to save 100 kb of space on a CD.

Really there is no point. If you are trying to run this without a mod chip then you can do it easily with a flip top. And save your hdd for something useful. Like good games. Unless you have 100 mb of space that your really really need to fill up to make your hdd full. Then go for it.

11. superstui

superstui Regular member

eh well i wou;dn't put games on the hard drive if I can't play em...