1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ROMs and WBFS on HDD

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by pspweazl, Feb 3, 2012.

1. pspweazl

pspweazl Member

Okay maybe this was covered somewhere in here and I missed but I am completely new to thei modded Wii stuff. I just modded my older Wii using the letterbomb method. I have the necessary tools. Now thw question is this: I have a 320gb external HDD that needs formatted I would like to use somewhere between 20 and 32gb for emulators (FAT32?)(or can the emulators be directly installed on to the Wii itself?) and ROMs and the rest to WBFS (?) for my wii backups. Will this work? If so how the heck do I do it? Do I simply treat the 20gb like an SD card and copy the emulators to that portion and put the ROM's into the respective folders within there?

Very confused. Any help greatly appreciated all

2. detonator95

detonator95 Member

get the wii emulators http: //wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_homebrew_emulators install them using your homebrew channel and play off the hard drive. it should work after you get them installed on your home menu. the roms will run off your hard drive.

3. swifty74

swifty74 Member

Roms go In the fat16 fat32 partition in their respectable folders and the emulators downloaded from homebrew browser that will auto install it to the SD card then from there u just browse for them with in the emulator