1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roms on DS

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by paulat, Feb 16, 2014.

1. paulat

paulat Member

Ok can someone help please, I used to have a DS and used a card with TT software to play downloaded roms. I now have a 3ds XL and want to know what to do if I buy a gateway card (is this the best) to play 3ds games? Is it correct you can only put one game on each micro sd? and also for the timebeing can I play old DS games on the 3ds if I just download them with the software and put it on a card like I used to on the DS?

I should mention the 3DS is version 7.1.0, is that updated too much? If yeah is their anyway to get it back to a previous version?

Thank you :)

2. Bob520

Bob520 Newbie

Your 3DS is 7.1.0, you can't use any 3ds game flashcard yet.
    Their is no way to go back to previous versions.
    I have read a advice from here: Buy The right 3ds flashcard

3. Anniemoon

Anniemoon Member

4. paulat

paulat Member

Thank you :)

5. xgamerx

xgamerx Member

Hey Paulat,

Sadly, the other posters are right. If your 3DS XL is at 7.1.0, then the Gateway 3DS card won't work on your system. Hopefully one day they will figure out how to make their card work beyond the 4.1 - 4.5 systems that it now supports, but until then, there is no way to use the card at all.

Your best best would be to get a card like the r4 3DS dual core or something similar, so that you can use it on your 3DS XL to play DS games, emulators, and homebrew DS titles. It's worth it just for the Neo Geo Emulation to be honest :) I Love those games.

The card I have is this one: http://www.r43ds.org/products/R4-3DS-Dual-Core.html and I have had no problems using it on my 3DS 7.1.0. I've actually had it since the day that the 6.0.0 was the most current system version for the 3DS, and I have had no problems with updates, etc.. to any new firmware at all, when the 3DS gets updated, the card seems to get a new firmware kernel without a day or so.

6. Polaris813

Polaris813 Regular member

sorry, gateway 3ds cannot work on your 3ds v7.1
    you updated too much.
    there is no flashcart can work on 3DS v7.1 to play 3ds games.
    well, if you want to play ds games on your 3ds v7.1, there are many flashcarts can work, such as r4i gold 3ds.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014