1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rootkit.0access found help pls!!

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by ganni666, Jun 17, 2012.

1. ganni666

ganni666 Regular member

i have ran malaware bytes and it detect this virus rootkit.0access, which i heard its a dangerous one
    i have downloaded TDSS killer and it found a lockedfile.multi generic, and i deleted this file
    i just ran malaware again and this time it didn't found it, is this gone from my system?
    or this will come back?
    thanks

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

If you took action to remove it, and you haven't found any trace after performing another scan, then I'd suggest you'll be fine.

If you notice any odd behaviour in your machine then you may still be infected with something. Spybot S&D is another good malware removal tool.

3. aldan

aldan Active member

another good rootkit remover is called blacklight from f-secure.chances are though that if malwarebytes picked it up it also got rid of it.

4. ganni666

ganni666 Regular member

malawre bytes did picked it up before i used tdss killer, i removed it, and did another scan with malawre bytes again and picked it up again, so it didn't removed it i presume.
    tdss killer found a lockedfile.multi generic is that the rootkit virus?

5. Ripper

Ripper Active member

If it picked it up again, then chances are it wasn't fully removed in the first place as opposed to you getting re-infected.

Google how to remove it, either with a tool specifically for this rootkit or manually. There seems to be plenty of information available, and it should be fixable.

6. ganni666

ganni666 Regular member

but when i used malaware bytes it picked it up again, when i used the tdss killer it picked this lockedfile.multi generic i removed it, then i used malaware bytes again did a full scan this time it did not picked it up
    can this type of virus develops again in time?

7. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Like I said before, if it comes back again after x amount of time, chances are you didn't properly remove the rootkit the first time round (edit: or you're doing something very wrong to consistently get re-infected).

How long did it take for the virus to re-appear before malwarebytes picked it up again? You're currently, supposedly clean atm - correct?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  8. ganni666

ganni666 Regular member

i removed it with tdss killer yesterday and right away i have ran malaware bytes and it did not detect it. today i have made a quick scan and it did not picked it, i also ran tdss killer and it didn't picked any. so it might come back like you are saying, is there a program that can removes this completely?
    this is a hidden file and i found it, it is in c drive windows, installer, and its a folder with some kind of numbers
    i have opened this folder and i have deleted it whats inside of it, but the main folder i cant deleted it it wont let me.

9. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I'm really not knowledgeable enough in this area to give you much more help than I have. I suggest Googling for guides on removal of this - it seems like quite a common rootkit.

10. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member