1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Router and Firewall configured properly but Emule still isn't working.

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by HBW, May 4, 2005.

1. HBW

HBW Member

I've got my router and firewall properly set up, but every few weeks I have to dick around with the port settings inside of eMule and IDK why this is. The reason I'm posting specifically is b/c last night it happened again and no port (I've tried at least 20) wants to work. :(

2. cumbuckit

cumbuckit Member

i'd like to help but wat kinda hardware u using? wat r ur configurations? and how r u sure that the ports r forwarded "properly"? more info needed......

3. HBW

HBW Member

I'm using a Linksys WRT54G, running WinXP, my firewall is Sygate. I know the ports are properly forwarded b/c A) I followed the exact instructions on the official site and this forum and B) it was working up until yesterday. I checked the router settings and they had not been changed, so IDK what the problem is and that's why I came here. I tried using different ports but so far have had no success (like I said, I've tried at least 20 different ones).

4. cumbuckit

cumbuckit Member

try turning off sygate, (and the stupid XP firewall) and run in dmz mode to diagnose..... at least that'll tell u if its the ports problem or not.....

5. HBW

HBW Member

Que? dmz mode? lol I don't know what that is.