1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Router Configuration for BitTorrent

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by adamw35, Dec 28, 2004.

1. adamw35

adamw35 Member

Hi.

I am using a "54 MBPS Wireless Router WGR614". I have followed instructions from other posts and I have gone into port forwarding, clicked on add custom service, called it torrent and choose ports 6881 = 6889.

My download speed is still not going higher then 10KBPS. Does anyone know why this is?

Thanks

Regards
    Adam

P.S - I am new on BitTorernt, this is my first download.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2004
  2. Wicked101

Wicked101 Member

3. cocoagirl

cocoagirl Member

Are there any instructions for Mac users running OSX?

Thanks

4. Wicked101

Wicked101 Member

Well, you can follow this link to their homepage and if you cant find anything about MAC then join their FORUM and ask any questions you have. I'm sorry, but my knowledge of MAC is even worse than Linux :)
    http://www.portforward.com/

5. FartDude

FartDude Guest

I'm not sure how too forward ports on a mac os probably not much different from windows i would assume , adamw35 u said u have a wgr614 router this a linksys right? try the port range 50500 - 65535 then trigger these ports and in ur BT client of course select one port within this range (it may take a while too find one that works).

6. cocoagirl

cocoagirl Member

This is the thing, I have a BEFW11S4 VS 4 wireless router. It's actually connected to a PC. My powerbook is wireless. How do I go about changing the port via Mac? I know how to do so within Azureus. Is that where I'm to change it? Thanks!

-Sherice

7. Wicked101

Wicked101 Member

Well, if you have a wireless router you should be able to connect to it with you web browser to forward the ports.

PS: What torrent sites do you guys use now that Suprnova went pop

8. FartDude

FartDude Guest

cocagirl try launching your browser then in the address bar type in ur routers Ip then depending on what type of router u have u may recieve a password prompt find this in ur instruction manual if u get the prompt. then u can from within the router config forward ur port ranges just remember not too use the default ranges 6881 6889