1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Router connection stops using bit torrent

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by badgerboy, Mar 18, 2005.

1. badgerboy

badgerboy Member

I have an Actiontec wireless router on a primary computer and am using the secondary computer for my internet connection.

I have a wireless network adapter attached to my computer to pick up the signal but the problem is my internet connection stops at random times when I am downloading anything using bit tornado.

Other than this it works fine my ports are opened so I get maximum download speeds but this is really getting to me and everytime it happens I need to reinstall the disc on the primary computer (It has no effect if I try it on my computer).

Please help!!!

2. TacoJack

TacoJack Member

Yeah. ActionTec's are weak. Once you start a torrent that has more than a couple dozen peers or seeds, the number of outside connections is higher than the crappy little ActionTec CPU can handle so it just bogs down and stops. You're basically DDOS'ing yourself. Buy a Cisco 678 instead, they don't do that near as fast as ActionTec's.