1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Router drops internet connection

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by pollution, May 15, 2007.

1. pollution

pollution Regular member

The router drops the Internet connection after the computer has been on for about 8 hours but if the computer is rebooted the router is fine. What is wrong?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

could be a lot of things really. But if you do not mind me asking. what would you need an 8hr strat internet connection for anyway?
    It could be your router, or possible that your ISP has some limit set.

3. Rejected5

Rejected5 Member

I've recently had this problem..., all you should have to do is reset the router completely and put all the information back in and the link should be http://192.168.1.1, if not then call the router provider, because routers are designed to hold an internet connection for Several hours before the IP expires temporarily.....

4. pollution

pollution Regular member

Do you mean reset the router by using the button on the router where you have to use a paper clip to reset?

I know its the router too because I used another router too and it was fine.

I have my computer on that long because I am too lazy to turn it off sometimes and it is annoying to have to reboot the computer just to check something on the net real quick in the morning.

5. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

If you leave your connection running for that long like i do. you need to at least every now and then take the power cable out for at least two minutes for the router to delete the cache in it and u can do this with the modem to and then connect things back and things should be back to normal. Unless you have other issues like weather etc...