1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Router limiting utorrent speeds (already read the utorrent guide)

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by fatleon5, Nov 12, 2007.

1. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

I have set up my router which ive wanted to do for a long long time but couldnt because of countless problems. Now my ps3, main pc and second pc can all go online. But now my Utorrent download speeds are about 10kb where before I connected the router the same download files where going at 60kbs to 150kbs at least.
    The router is Linksys WRT54GC Firmware Version: v1.02.5.

I followed the guide at the top of the forum about opening the settings of the router, going to port forwarding and entering the port number but instead of the number being 4 digits like I see on some guides its 5 digits, and when I press save settings the first box goes to a 0 and the second one goes to a load of random numbers like 405968492.
    Also when doing this I cant get on any websites until I go back into the settings and I delete what I just did.

Everything would would be set up how I want it if I could just get my torrents back to normal.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

3. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

Thats the exact guide I used, I followed it exactly about 3 times. the port im trying to open is 60995, when I check with utorrent it says that the port is closed. :(
    What can I do to fix this error, all I want to do is download.
    Also, the second pc and ps3 arnt on all the time so my main pcs internet should run more smoothly then shouldnt it?

4. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

Also at the bottom of utorrent it has a red circle and says

" not connectable. A firewall/router is limiting your network traffic. You need to open up a port so others can connect to you. "

Dont know if that helps.

5. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Do you set a static ip address, if the DNS server (s) are the same as the Default Gateway and used, you will lose your internet connection. All I see on a second pc when downloading with the first is pages opening slower but no big deal.

6. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

I Know that I have a static IP. My default gateway and DNS address' are different.

7. mistycat

mistycat Active member

May be time to contact support at Linksy. Tou could also try resetting your router. I just use a paper clip in the round hole at the back of my router and hold it in for 60 seconds but I don't like doing this as I lose my internet and have to reinstall it. The majority don't but it does happen. Also, nothing to do with your router but, if possible, connect directly and see if your modem or ISP is blocking too.

8. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

Ill try that but i bet they wont be able to help. I need to open ports so I bet reseting the router wont help either. But thanks any way. Ill try connecting the pc right to the modem aswell and see if its better.
    Thanks again

9. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Don't know but I had to contact D Link once and they were very helpful, not at all like ISP tech.