1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roxio DVD builder?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ironj13, Feb 2, 2005.

1. ironj13

ironj13 Member

I have downloaded a DivX avi. movie and have been trying to burn onto a disk using roxio dvd builder. it keeps on sayin the dvd builder does not support the format of the file, and the video stream cannot be read. i have used it before and succesfully burned a dvd, i have also downloaded divX codec

2. ironj13

ironj13 Member

3. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

I don't know a lot about divx, but I'm thinking there could be more than one version. How do you know you downloaded the right one?

What I'd do is check the file with Gspot. I think it will tell you what codec is used, and whether you have it installed.

4. ironj13

ironj13 Member

thanx for the help, but im tryin to download GSpot and it sayin windows cannot open the file due to it bein a RAR compressed file. how do i open this? thanx

5. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

You will need winrar, Rar files are like zip and winrar is one of a few programs that will open them.

6. ironj13

ironj13 Member

i downloaded GSpot. the movie plays and i have full audio. the problem is when using roxio dvd builder, when i go to place the file onto the builder it says the dvd builder does not support the format. What could be the problem, is there a codec which will aloow it to burn usin roxio dvd builder?

7. ironj13

ironj13 Member

any1???