1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roxio dvd creator, dvd xcopy platinum

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by markbook, May 1, 2004.

1. markbook

markbook Member

I just upgraded from generic +r 4x to plextor +- 8x dvd writer. I used xcopy platinum with +r 4x and it worked great with finished product playing back on my dvd player that is hooked to TV. I swapped out the 4x with the 8x and couldn't get copy to play on dvd player. Plextor tech said it was because the xcopy doesn't support 8x burning speed. They said to rip with xcopy, then minimize program because closing program would delete the temporary movie rip file. then use nero or roxio to burn to dvd. Works great but now it plays on one dvd player and not others that it used to with straight xcopy procedure. Does anyone know if Roxio dvd creator conflicts with dvd xcopy platinum?

2. woof811

woof811 Regular member

i would say roxio conflicts with most other burning programs for some reason ?
    that said i would say try using dvd shrink and nero 6.
    the software and guides are available at this site .
    dvd shrink is free and nero 6 is a trial for 30 days .
    also iff you try shrink and nero you will have to first uninstall roxio as roxio conflicts with nero .
    iff you are using dvd x copy express then i imagine you are just copying the movie , shrink can do this also , what you use is the re-author mode of shrink .
    dvd shrink is a easy program to use just read the guides and get to know how to use it and im pretty sure you wont go back to dvdxexpress.

3. colw

colw Active member

If you have both Roxio and Nero installed on your machine you are likely to have problems - they do not play well together and will conflict.

Simple workable combination would include:
    DVD Shrink (freeware - guides availabe this site)
    DVD Decrypter (freeware - guides availabe this site)
    Nero 6+ (not essential but useful)

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

If you want to use DVD XCopy - Start by cleaning out your PC - refer to your 321 Studio "Black List" -

http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/49908

cheers,

Pete

When you're ready to learn to backup files the right way, stop back, we'll be glad to help :p)

5. mastaprk

mastaprk Regular member

I would recommend using DVD Shrink and Nero anyway. When I first got X Copy when it was legal about a year ago, it did not work w/ my burner and proved to be useless. I am glad that I was having problems b/c I strongly believe that DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter and Nero is the best way to back up DVD's.

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

At one time, not that long ago I would have been right beside you guys BUT with the advent of the final DVD Shrink, version 3.1.7 - it being able to work so well with DVD Decrypter, I truly feel that you'll be able to rip and burn as fast if not faster teaming up DVD Shrink with DVD Decrypter. Both FREE !!!

If you enjoy playing while you do your backups like I do, then by all means, pickup Nero - the B&W are worth it -

Cheers,

Pete