1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roxio DVD protected movie burning question

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by rogues22, Jun 24, 2007.

1. rogues22

rogues22 Member

Gents,

Sorry for starting a new thread but I ran searches and was unsuccessful.

I recently seperated with my beloved (after 12 years) and we have a small 25-30 DVD collection that we both would like to keep. I have Roxio as my burner and burned with it before but never copy protected DVD's.

I ran some searches, downloaded DVD decryptor and DVD shrink. I ran both programs but when it came time to burn it prompted me that Nero wasn't installed. I don't use that burner; is there any way that I can run my Roxio program instead of Nero?

Or better yet, can a good samaritain post a play by play on what I should do to copy my movies?

I have a tight budget, partly thanks to my breakup so the free-er the better.

Again sorry for posting material that is already in here somewhere but I couldn't find what I was looking for so here I am.

Thanks for your time,

SM

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi rogues22
    Use Decrypter to burn instead.
    When you click backup in Shrink under select backup target pick 'iso file and burn with decrypter'.

Here's some other guides you might want to check out too by a member here - bbmayo - link

3. rogues22

rogues22 Member

Thanks for the reply. I think I found a work around. I decrypt, then shrink; at the end of the shrinking process I create an ISO image. Then I fire up Roxy and copy the IPO image on a blank DVD and voila. Made 3 so far and all work great. Kids will be able to watch their favs in both households...even if I am financing half of the old one even though I no longer live there.

However another problem has surged up on me. One DVD I decrypted fine then when I tried to shrink I get an error message telling me that it cannot open the decrypted file on my hard drive. Any ideas on this one?

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

There are more difficult discs sometimes that have a harsher copy protection , some would suggest DVD Fab HD Decrypter or AnyDVD for ripping purposes (either of those really help .. dvdFab is free / anyDVD costs).

There are other workarounds if you search the forums for DVD Copy Protection mate , best of luck :)

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Yep herbsman hit the nail on the head :)

Here's a link for DVDFab HD Decrypter. Still updated to handle the new stuff. Shrink and Decrypter while great programs are no longer updated.
    So rip w/ DVDFab on these instead of Decrypter.

6. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

7. orion250

orion250 Regular member

I would agree with Binkie. I still use Ripit4me, Dvd Decrypter, Dvd Shrink, and either Imgburn or Sonic RecordNow to burn. Still haven't come across a new release that Ripit4me can't handle.