1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roxio File Size??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by unclerico, Feb 5, 2005.

1. unclerico

unclerico Member

trying to get feed back as to why roxio dvd builder coverts a 85meg .wmv file to 1.9+GB in the project window??? Just bought my Plextor yesterday, so color me n00b! thx

2. hursty

hursty Active member

sorry

Last edited: Feb 5, 2005
  3. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

hursty,

You need to be careful in condeming roxio. Not all roxio apps are bad. The one that deserves the bad rep is Easy CD/DVD [bold]Creator[/bold]. Now I don't know about "DVD Builder", but Roxio Easy DVD [bold]Copy[/bold] is a pretty good app, and I use it all the time. Has shrink capabilities; not as flexible as dvd shrink, but when I don't need that flexibility, it gives me the ability to do a movie-only burn with just a couple of mouse clicks.

4. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

when you convert from .wmv files to dvd files it will be alot bigger that is just how dvd files are they take up more space. the same goes for converting .avi to dvd files.

5. unclerico

unclerico Member

so is there a better format to convert .wmv files to in order to keep them the approx. same file size as they r on my hard drive??? thx

6. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

if you want to put them on dvd and be able to play on most dvd players it would have to be in dvd files.