1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roxio's Easy CD/DVD Creator

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by OHIOguy, Sep 5, 2003.

1. OHIOguy

OHIOguy Guest

Anyone have any experience burning DVDs with this software? I'm looking for a decent guide to use this software. Also I have a BUSlink DVD +R/RW burner model number DVRW412R, and it won't read DVDs, it doesn't recognize that theres anything there, but it will read CDs, anyone know what the problem might be. Thanks.

2. RiPsTeR01

RiPsTeR01 Guest

what type of DVD Video or data?

3. OHIOguy

OHIOguy Guest

I would assume burning data would be pretty easy, but I've been wrong before. What I'm trying to do is make backups of my DVD collection. Thanks for any input.

4. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I use the following:

DVD Decrypter
    DVD2one
    Record Now to burn (Roxio should work too.)

Or:
    DVD Shrink
    Record Now

Make sure you take all the output files and put them into a folder called VIDEO_TS (caps and underscore needed.) Also create a blank AUDIO_TS and burn them both to DVD using the Data Disc option.

There's a bit of a guide in my signature.

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

ken0042 I must say that when I recently used RecordNow DX I didn't have to add AUDIO_TS aswell as VIDEO_TS

I still find Nero better to burn with myself as RecordNow forces my burner to go at maximum burn speed although I set it manually to burn at X1
    Some of the discs burnt using RN DX (all discs Ritek G03) would jump/skip in final chapter cos of forced burn speed. It happened on 3 out of 8 or 9 , the 3 that failed were LaserDisc copies of Star Wars Trilogy [special edition]

Try DVD Hardware forum: http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/12

6. RiPsTeR01

RiPsTeR01 Guest

you only need AUDIO_TS when you make a dvd audio disk otherwise it is a waist of 5 seconds

7. herbsman

Thats right ripster , AUDIO_TS is for when DVD-Audio comes about

In Nero there is an empty AUDIO_TS folder beside the VIDEO_TS but it is never used (of course)

8. DarkFoss

DarkFoss Guest

I've done it with Easy cd/dvd Creator 6. Takes a bit longer than Nero though.

1.Rip the dvd to your harddrive with shrink/dvd decrytor or whatever's your fav.

2.Open up Creator Classis and select new project data disk.

3. Drag the VIDEO_TS folder to the center window. No need for the Audio folder.Name your disk ie Gladiator or whatever movie your backing up.

4.Click on file at the top left and select create disk image. After your image is done and saved close out Creator Classic.

5.Open up DVD Builder and from file select burn disk from image. Find the iso you just created and burn.

The main reason you can't just select the VIDEO_TS and/or AUDIO_TS folder(s) directly in DVD Builder is most likely you'll get an AC3 error and get offered the option to burn the DVD without sound.

Sidenote if you've got a copy of Nero 5.x you can update it to 5.10.50 from their website and that version will support newer burners like my Memorex Duel X-1. You can also leave your copy of Easy 6 installed just don't install in-cd unless you uninstall Drag-to-disk.If you install more than 1 packet write program you'll get BSoD's.
    My personal preferance was leaving drag-to-disk installed, but to each their own.

Hope this helps you G'luck ;)

DarkFoss

9. herbsman

If this is the case w/ this software then why use it ? Is it because this software comes free (bundled) w/ burner ??

10. DarkFoss

DarkFoss Guest

Yep, Easy 6 basic came free with my X-1 as did Nero Burning Rom 5x with my cd burner.Plus I was(am) just learning how to burn and had'nt found this great site ;)
    I'm using Nero for DVD burning now but still use easy 6 for data.I do like drag-to-disk since it has a scandisk option and can recover data from the dvd/cd incase of a bad-burn or corrupted files. Already saved my a** once was using winrar to archive/back-up my harddrive. After 3 hours of archiving I accidentally selected an encrypted file whick caused an amazing amount of errors and ejected the disk without finalizing it. I used the recovery option and unchecked the offending folder and had the disk reburnt in no time without having to repeate the whole proccess.

11. herbsman

That sounds fair enough ; )

I have drag n drop enabled in Nero Burning Rom myself , Nero hasn't failed on a data disc for me yet (I'd be bloody pi$$ed off it did to be honest)

I'm always happy to hear that people have found what works for them , no matter of the method (as long as it's successful)

12. toptej

toptej Guest

HEAY
    I have roxio ez 6 too.
    I used decrypter and then just clickd the decrypted file i made and classic creator opens right away. and then u can start the back-up copying right away.
    The only Fing problem I have is if the disk decrypted is bigger then 4.7g's
    Then I have to use shrink and from there I AM LOST
    I Know how to use shrink to select the files needed but when they r finished encoding.
    I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO ??????????????????
    CAN SOMEONE HELP ME FROM THERE>

THANKS in advance.

13. herbsman

STOP SHOUTING !!!

And I've answered you twice in other threads toptej

14. OHIOguy

OHIOguy Guest

Thanks everyone for all the helpful input. My new problem is that DVDdecrypter recognizes my DVD drive, but won't recognize the DVD I want to make a back up of. I downloaded NERO burning ROM which I assume installs the correct ASPI layer. Also, I'm under the impression that you have to use Decrypter for DVDs under 4.36 GB (or around that number), and use a different program for anything over 4.36 GB. I think my problem might be with DVDdecrypter and was going to try a different program, but it might be my ASPI layers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

15. DarkFoss

DarkFoss Guest

Toptej,
    You simply cannot burn a working dvd from Creator classic. The only options there are for cd's even if you burn them to dvd the files won't play. I've searched in the Roxio forums and it's stated there as well. Also I verified there that DVD Builder has no AC3 support.Thet describe DVD Builder as an entry program and recommend you buy a more advanced program for dvd copying. LOL if I'd actually paid for this program that answer would have ticked me off. So the only dependable way to make a working DVD with Easy 6 is the way I outlined above.

OHIOguy,
    I'd give DVD Shrink a try for larger dvd's. It's a pretty good free program , plenty of guides about. As for you burning problems perhaps a firmware update might help you out.Are you sure the media's supported by your burner ? For the most part I'll bow to more experienced members.

16. DarkFoss

DarkFoss Guest

Had a thought perhaps when using dvd decrypter you could have it make an iso instead of a VIDEO_TS folder and burn that straight away in DVD Builder saving a few minutes and a couple of steps. If it's 4.36g or less. I haven't tried it that way after reading through other posts. It's not recommended because of possible standalone incompatabilities and another reason I can't recall offhand. If you really want to try it that way I'd use an rw to test first.

17. herbsman

Open Nero Info Tool , which you should have if getting Nero Burning Rom.
    Check ASPI layer is there (although I know it is/should be)
    If (and I dont see why) DVD Decrypter is giving you problems try SmartRipper

18. koola

koola Guest

Use AnyDVD, which should not give any probs when decrypting. It also allows many apps to ripp from the DVD saving HD space.

19. herbsman

At last !!! Actually trying to help koola , makes a change from self-promoting your own cr@ppy website...

20. koola

koola Guest

At least I have a website that has quality guides!