1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem RROD with 3 quadrants and error code 0001 with orange PSU/Transformer lights

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Ramjali, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Ramjali

Ramjali Newbie

Hello, there.
    I was playing Red Dead Redemption. Long session.
    Then suddenly a wild crash appeared. I had the RROD with 3 quadrants red and error code of 0001.
    I checked the code and apparently it's to do with the power supply.

However, my PSU still has the orange (standby) lights, instead of the red (error) lights on the PSU/Transformer brick. Does this mean I don't need to find the replacement PSU because the lights on the PSU aren't red?

Could someone experienced give me some good help please?

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

I have a 360 white jasper (owned since new) that has the same issue 3 rrod,web research brought up exactly what your saying power supply issue,that didn't seem right i ended up taking it to a repairer back in january this year he also said it wasn't a power supply issue.To date he has no idea why it's got a rrod even tho he has the equipment to reflow etc,at some point he's going to try a gpu re-seat (right there is what i call grabbing at straws..lol..tho i must admit it was my first thought as well) as he'd like to find out whats going on that's where it's at the mo.Personally the moment i got that rrod i was under no illusion that it may never go again & spending money on it any further would be a waste,i love my xboxes especially my jtags,my advice keep it for parts & get a new one the cost to repair isn't worth it,if you intend to do what i did you need to set an amount to spend & if it don't work stop or you'll end up paying more than a new one,yeah i know not a whole lotta help other than your xbox is stuffed..lol..

3. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Have you actually tried using another PSU?