1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ruined Discs

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by tgrfn2, Dec 11, 2002.

1. tgrfn2

tgrfn2 Member

I have an HP Pavillion 8770c with a Mitsumi 4804 TE cd burner.Win 98se. I downloaded Nero and Roxio easy cd creator 5 Platinum. I converted my files with TMPGenc.
    When I tried to burn a VCD I destroyed my discs. They now show 0 bytes available and 0 bytes used.
    What causes this problem? How can I fix this problem?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2002
  2. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

sounds to me that they are still blank ...make sure your not running a simulation...which simulates the burn ...

3. tgrfn2

tgrfn2 Member

While burning I also get a failure notice. I don't know the exact wording. It is something like this: Buffer overrun or underrun disc burning has been cancelled or cannot be completed.
    I have taken the discs to another PC, they still show 0 bytes used and 0 bytes available.

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

ughhhh Easy CD Creator!!!

If I were you, use Nero Burning Burning Rom!

5. tgrfn2

tgrfn2 Member

As I stated in my original post. I got the same results with Nero ( burning ROM)and Roxio.
    I think the problem is in my PC.
    This happened before when burning audio. It just went away. Now it is interefering with video burning.

6. Dela

Afailure norice?? Thats not good. I was using my DVD-ROM to copy a cd to my writer and out of no where it failed and i havent been able to use my DVD-ROM properly since

P.S. Sorry I kinda read over your first post real fast :)

7. tgrfn2

tgrfn2 Member

Thanx for replying. Apology accepted though not necessary. I think we all skim over the post and just pick up on some of the key words.
    I appreciate all replies. Some are quite helpful.

8. HaroldW

HaroldW Guest

There are known compatability problems with having both Easy CD Creator and Nero installed on the same system. I suggest you uninstall one of them and try again.

9. Dela

Ye its nero and Direct CD that cause that problem. Direct CD will be open in the bottom right hand corner on the screen (ya know, those little icons) just right click it and close it.

10. tgrfn2

tgrfn2 Member

Just wanted to thank everyone for the great help ideas. I deleted (uninstalled) Roxio. Nero is working well now. I didn't have Roxio running at the time, just having it installed created the compatability problems. Thanx to all. You're a great group.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2002
  11. Dela

Pass the message - Roxio Easy CD Creator Sucks!!

lol :)