1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RUMOR: Dongle Playing v3.60+ Games on Official Firmware 3.55

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by coorva, Oct 20, 2011.

1. coorva

coorva Regular member

2. bigo93

bigo93 Regular member

Yeah read it the other day, but again dont trust it until they go on sale and other sites confirm it's working.

3. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  4. bigo93

bigo93 Regular member

I'll wait until it's confirmed on ps3hax/ps3new/psx-scene

All three means its a definite definite :p
    Just hope someone can port it to a new cfw and run from hdd. Kindda hoping multimans cd emulation feature will help with that.

5. scoobpoo

scoobpoo Member

this is great for me as I was in China last year, and this was when the whole "ps3 break" just came out, and I thought you had to burn games onto a BDR disc, so I came across 100 25gb BDR's for only $30 and I bought em, they have been sitting around collecting dust since, now if this is true about JB2 I am all sorted media wise.

6. bigo93

bigo93 Regular member

OK some people have figured out how this works: the cfw apparently used debug eboots to run the games, the dongle is just a gimmick to make it feel like you spent your money well, so really the jailbreak 2 dongle is a ripoff.

Problem is that I believe $ony will block people from accessing the debug eboots before we get new cfw, so yes we may be able to play some of the newer games, but those released after $ony block this method, will be unplayable again.

So my advice, dont buy this dongle at all as it's only let you play new games from when 3.60 was released until the time $ony block this, my guess being within the next couple of weeks. Not sure how many games have been released since then, but you can look it up and see if it's worth it.

But even then, no point buying cos someone will adapt this into cfw anyway, again in the next week or so.

I kindda love/hate how bipolar this scene is, it's "yay we can play some of the newer games, neigh but probably not the ones released after $ony block us again"

7. coorva

coorva Regular member

and whats up with demonhades,been sitting stairing at the wall for weeks now waiting for there CFW to save the day,,now the site is down,