1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rumored Slim PStwo Problems?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Defacil, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Defacil

Defacil Member

I heard the new slim PStwo has weak laser problems? That rumor true? My current PS2 is killing my games by 'burning' a ring into them and I really need to replace it. I was wondering if I should get a new slim pstwo or get one of the bulkier ones? I also plan to mod it.

Any recommendations ?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

its true. Did you fiddle around with your laser, or has it always done that?

3. Defacil

Defacil Member

On my current ps2? I never intentionally fiddled with anything. I never even opened my ps2. I do travel with it a lot so problems might have arose from that.

Will the weak laser in the slim pstwos affect the performance of anything?

4. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

not in the beginning when i starts to breakdown it wont read games the easily will also make lots of noise when breaking down! and since you want to get it modded the burned games will make your laser breakdown within a easily 4-3 months!! sometime 6 months! there shit lasers and i recommend you look on ebay for a thicker ps2 its for your benift!

5. Defacil

Defacil Member

Wow, so if I buy a slim ps2 and mod it, it'll last 4-6 months? That's kinda extreme? :/