1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RUNDLL error

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by kaye4311, Mar 17, 2005.

1. kaye4311

kaye4311 Member

I have recently re installed xp on my computer, I have 3 logon domains. Mine is fine, however if you logon using the others an error message appears on the desktop, it states:

"RUNDLL Error loading nview. dll access is denied."

I naively thought by deleting these accounts then reinstating them that this message would disappear, however this did not happen.
    Can anyone please explain what this means and how to rectify the problem?
    Kaye4311

2. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

Sounds like a file [sharing] problem.

[]edit can not type at 3 in the morning

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  3. Xian

Xian Regular member

More than likely the program works under the account it was installed installed on. It must have been defaulted to being installed only for that user. I have seen it in the past where you have multiple profiles on a single pc. Most of the time you can manually go in and grant permissions for the other accounts to the file and sometimes the registry key it uses as well.
    If I remember nview is an added program that comes with Nvidia video cards and is not necessary so you can safely run without it.

4. kaye4311

kaye4311 Member

Thank you all for replying. It was something to do with my graphics card. I deleted the other 2 user accounts, removed the software for the card then reinstalled it then added the other user accounts. Touch wood it seems to have solved the problem.
    Thanks
    Kaye4311