1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Runescape help

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by NeoLance, Dec 29, 2004.

1. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

I have been playing runescape for a while. I stopped playing a couple months ago. I finally went to get back on and it stops loading the game and says that i cant play because of a firewall or something. Whats an easy thing i can do so that it lets me play??? Thx in avance.

pe@ce

2. Divinus

Divinus Guest

Hi there.

Although I've never played runescape before, it sounds to be as if the game uses ports that are closed by your firewall. I'd look into the game's readme file or FAQ and see if it lists any ports that must be opened to play.

After you do find those ports you should be able to go into your firewall configuration and manually open those ports. Game should work then.

3. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Yea it tells me to open some ports. The only problem is that i was thinking that if those ports were closed on my computer then they were like that for a reason. I dont want anything to happen if i open the ports. Although i would like to play the game alot, i dont think its worth messing up my computer and letting a lot of bad stuff come in. Oh, and by the way you should try runescape if youve never played it. Go to Runescape.com. Its a MMORPG gamem, i cant find one better!!! Alright well get back to me on this soon.

4. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Oh, and how would i open these ports manually anyways???

5. Divinus

Divinus Guest

I'm pretty sure no one will be using Runescape ports for any type of attack, but I suppose if you're one of those people that are that wired up about security, it's not worth it.

If you have a firewall router then use your router's software and manually open the ports that runescape says to. If you're using some software based firewall than do pretty much the same with it.

You should see options somewhere with either type to manually open ports.

6. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Hi Divinus,

I have another question. How come i can play the game in say Netzero, but in AOL it wont let me play? Do u know of any simple little thing i can do to be able to play the game without me having to go through all the trouble of opening ports?