1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running 1.5 Homebrew from 3.40 OE-a

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by zentsang, Jul 6, 2007.

1. zentsang

zentsang Member

OK ... I've looked all over and can't find an answer or even a similar question. So either no one is having an issue or I'm just missing something obvious. Everyone is raving about how great 3.40 OE-A is and that you don't need DevHook to run other apps anymore.

Short background: Successfully downgraded my TA-082 2.71 PSP to 1.5. Then upgraded to 3.40 OE-A with no issues. I can run ISO and CSO without problems. So I have a handle on modding the PSP and running apps.

My problem: Not a single Homebrew app will run. All show as corrupted icons under Games -> MemStick in the XMB. If I downgrade to 1.5 ... naturally they all work fine. I have set the Homebrew folder under the Recover Console to 1.5 mode but it still doesn't work.

What I need: How do I get 1.5 apps like FastLoader to run under 3.40 OE-A ?? Is there some trick to making the apps think they are running on 1.5 hardware ?? Please ... don't tell me every time I want to run 1.5 apps I have to go through the firmware reinstalling shuffle.

- A Tech in need of assistance

2. gangsta00

gangsta00 Guest

tell me ur msn

3. zentsang

zentsang Member

sent

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  4. Axxer

Axxer Member

hey im having the same problem as zentsang... can you help me please?

thanks ;)

5. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

do you have the apps in the GAME150 folder? because that is where they need to go..some also work if you put them in the GAME folder as well.

and gangstah- if you have something to add post it here in the thread rather than dipping behind the scenes.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  6. Axxer

Axxer Member

yeah and it still doesnt work... when thyre in the game 150 folder do they need the % folder aswell thats needed for FW 1.50?

7. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

yes, you need both folders...The % folder is a dummy, but is required for the app to function.

8. Axxer

Axxer Member

ok thanks... should be homebrew playing in no time ;)

9. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

also..it might show up as a corrupted data icon in your menu when you add that dummy folder, but you can enable "hide corrupted icons" via your recovery console so you dont see it...

10. Shumanfu

Shumanfu Member

I'm having a similar problem. I recently purchased a second hand psp from Japan with a firmware of 4.11, and did the whole downgrade and upgrade thing. All of it ran through ok, i can play games if they are placed in the ISO directory etc..
    BUT..... when i try any homebrew applications they take ages to load, in the magnitude of around 30-60 seconds, but then after the initial screen comes up it just goes blank. After which i need to restart the psp. I have an 8gig Sony memory stick that i purchased new if that makes any difference.
    Is there anything i can do or try? i have very little clues in this whole fiasco as this is the first psp i have every bought or tried to use homebrew on.
    Atleast i can play transformers.. YAY!

11. Shumanfu

Shumanfu Member

oh fixed one problem.
    The recovery mode now works.. i had a problem with the screen going blank.. but seems that it was some key problem with board and could be fixed by pressing the contrast button or pulling the power cable in and out.
    to fix this all u need is chilly willys key cleaner.. did it like a snap.. now to test some homebrew apps

12. Shumanfu

Shumanfu Member

WoW.. cant believe that was all my problem was..
    amazing.. thanks to google and the right key words.. yay.
    3.40 oe-a recovery reboot black doh!

13. I_IS_R4NZ

I_IS_R4NZ Guest

I NEED HELP! I’m using a ta-082 Jap blue psp; I recently upgraded my psp from 1.5 to 3.40 oe-a heavy stuff but 2 problems...

1) When I upgraded the psp from 1.5 to 3.40 oe-a the two error messages was meant to pop up after the installation but in my case there was no error messages. But its cool as I can play most of the homebrew games. Did I do anything wrong? Would it effect the psp long term wise?

2) I tried playing my Pro Evo 6 in the UMD drive I get an error message saying "the game could not be started 80020148" and I get an error message when I try to play M G Solid as homebrew. I can access my recovery mode just don’t want to go back to 1.5, is there is a solution besides me downgrading?

Sorry for the trouble, would really appreciate the help, Thanks!

14. Matsute

Matsute Member

Huh... Are you supposed to replace the GAME folder with a GAME150? So that only GAME150 exists?
    If so,my PSP simply says that there's no files at all at the memory stick...