1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running an english patched ISO on a Japanese PS2?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Lith, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Lith

Lith Newbie

Hi guys,

I've been playing raw Japanese PS2 games on a Japanese console for a while now, and just found out there are English patches for a few of them. I gather to use them I'd make an ISO of the original game disc and burn that, but I don't know what happens after that. Would it be right back to where I was before I got a Japanese console, messing around with mod chips and/or Japanese swap magic or something? I haven't looked at any of that stuff in like ten years so I don't know what the current state of affairs is, and it's hard to tell on the internet what info is still the same since 2001...

Sorry to ask such a basic question, your help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

No problem.

If you are going to play backups and not play system link i would recommend a mod chip there are several that work excellent on the ps2 to play burned and commercial disks

just google search playstation 2 mod chip if you have a slim model there really easy to mod with another trick but this trick requires you never plan to use a 2 disk game ever again!!!

Which is not cool !!!!