1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

running DSOrganize on m3 simply

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by trevermah, Jan 28, 2007.

1. trevermah

trevermah Member

can anyone explain how to run this on a m3 simply ?

i have it on the MicroSD..

http://www.dragonminded.com/?loc=ndsdev/DSOrganize FAQ said i needed to use a DLDI patch.. and i'm not too sure how to apply this patch.

if anyone who has this on their m3, i'd really enjoy some help!

thanks in advance

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  3. trevermah

trevermah Member

well i put it in my root dir, but still didn't work. any other ideas?

i'm going to try and create my own new .nds file from the newest version 2.5 i believe. if i get it to work, i'll post a link

4. trevermah

trevermah Member

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  5. xdoooobx

xdoooobx Member

Hey, I seem to be having a problem with the m3 simply and DSOrganize. I have tried everything listed here, and also a few other things. I actually get the DSO to run fine, its just the browser that gives me problems. On dragonminded's site, it talks about patching one of the resource files, and I did that as well, which seemed to get me a little closer. It actually said something more than "Initializing FAT" anyways.... but still no luck. Is there anyone who knows how to make the browser work?

6. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

I don't have any problems using the browser in DSorganize on my M3, try formatting your SD card to FAT16, and use the latest M3 firmware.

7. xdoooobx

xdoooobx Member

I already have the latest firmware, and i'm formatted to fat16 already. :( I just can't run any homebrew or roms from the DSO browser. It says..

8. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

You may need to DLDI patch the 'exec_stub.bin' file found in the resource folder for it to be able to load homebrew, you need to use the command line verion of the patcher and type:
    dlditool -tbin -r0x06020000 <dldi file> exec_stub.bin

You cannot load NDS ROMs in DSorganise.

9. xdoooobx

xdoooobx Member

I have already patched the "exec_stub.bin" with the DLDI tool as well, lol. Sorry, I guess I should have thought that first post out a little more, but yes, I have already done that. =(

10. xdoooobx

xdoooobx Member

Maybe to save a little more trouble, I will post the command i'm using to patch the "exec_stub.bin" and the output.

First of all I downloaded dlditool.exe and put it in my DLDI folder. Then I downloaded a fresh version of DSO (2.5) and stuck the .NDS version in my DLDI folder along with "exec_stub.bin". I used the dlditool32 GUI that I downloaded earlier, along with r4tf.dldi to patch DSOrganize.nds. It says that its patched successfully, so on to the next task. I open up a new command prompt, and CD to the directory that my dlditool.exe is in. Then I use the command "dlditool -tbin -r0x06020000 r4tf.dldi exec_stub.bin >> output.txt" to patch it, and then pipe the output to a text file in the directory for me. But, when I check the text file, no where in there does it say "patched successfully". Also, I check the file, and it says that it has not been modified since a few days ago...

So there it is, maybe that will help you a little bit, and maybe you will be able to help me. I hope so...

11. sixfivetw

sixfivetw Member

Can someone host a prepatched version of DSOrganize 2.5 with the .nds and .bin files patched? Thanks.