1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running HDMI and standard AV lead together!!!

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by insaneuk, Nov 9, 2007.

1. insaneuk

insaneuk Member

Right before youall think i'm nuts this is for a reason lol

i have the ps3 downstairs running a hdmi to dvi lead on my tv as per normal running 1080i.

Now for the can i part! my old man has given me a wireless video sender that uses the standard 3 phono connections and would like to place this on the ps3 so that i can use the ps3 upstairs in the bedroom should i want to.

if i was to turn the ps3 on with both cables in what would happen, would it kill the ps3, would the av always take over, hdmi take over or would it need the hdmi on for the hdmi to work etc, i hope that made sense!!!

i guess i would need to set up ps3 each time aswell but would be nice if i could as with the stuff being bluetooth can watch films off it upstairs etc :D

2. carbongtr

carbongtr Member

therez different settings on the ps3 to run on different types of tvz you cant set it up to run sdtv and hdtv at the same time

3. insaneuk

insaneuk Member

the ps3 must know thou what lead is plugged in as other wise when you turn it on with a av lead in and it has been on a hdmi source it wont show anything!!

i was just wondering if you had both leads in and switched it on would it know there is nothing switched on the end of the hdmi lead and revert to av kinda thing!

4. NaztyNayt

NaztyNayt Regular member

No it wouldn't.

5. insaneuk

insaneuk Member

what happens then if you have it set up on hdmi and then move it to another tv that dont have hdmi and you use a different cable?

6. eternalis

eternalis Regular member

I assume that it would detect that only the av cable is plugged in. If both are plugged in, it will use the one it is configured to use in the Settings config. Though I'm not 100% sure as I haven't tried this...

If you already have the wireless sender, why don't you just try it out and see what happens?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  7. insaneuk

insaneuk Member

nah i aint got it my old man has and means fetching it etc which is a fair distance kinda thing. also didn't wanna blow up the ps3 by plugging 2 cables in lol so was just wondering if any one had done anything similar at all?

8. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

Yeah kinda.
    Hdmi cable to monitor for display and av to speakers for sound.

9. insaneuk

insaneuk Member

yeah thats what i have at the min, the hdmi to the screen via dvi and then the optical out to the stero for audi