1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running ISO Problem...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by mabarnett, Jul 31, 2007.

1. mabarnett

mabarnett Member

Ok im on 3.40 OE-A and I recently downloaded Pr Evo 2007. I converted it to .cso like I have to every other game I have downloaded and put it in the ISO folder like normal. But when I try to run the game on my PSP, it does the SCE logo then the screen goes black and I have to reset the PSP..I have No UMD disabled and I have a UMD in my PSP...this is only the second ISO I have had a problem with in my whole CFW lifetime (Other was F1 2006), so can some-one help me please..?

2. bu22ard

bu22ard Regular member

sounds like a problem with the .iso/.cso
    if it is ripped or altered then it may not run on 3.40OE, check a psp release site for the crc32 value of a 'good dump' and see

3. mabarnett

mabarnett Member

Thanks for your help, but I don't get the last part about checking the value, can you explain that in a bit more noobish terms lol?

4. bu22ard

bu22ard Regular member

well each file has a crc32 value which allows you to compare them.
    the easiest way for you to find out the crc32 value of your file is to zip it up with winrar and double click on it to re-open. you will see the value on the right.
    a 'good value' for Pro EVo 2007 (US) version is 'F74FB7D5' BUT it is possible to have other values if you used a different dumper !!!
    you could always google a 'crc32 calculator' or 'hash value calculator'

of course there are a few games that don't like to be run as .cso files (too demanding on cpu) so you could try the .iso or increase the clock speed of your psp to 333Mhz?
    which firmware are you on?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  5. mabarnett

mabarnett Member

I am on 3.40 OE and I didn't rip the game myself, I downloaded it. I will try your other suggestions and hope they work.

Thanks alot for your help.

6. bu22ard

bu22ard Regular member

i recommend going into recovery mode (hold R on reboot) and changing the clock speed to 333. Then try runnign the .iso rather than .cso.

hope this helps.

7. mabarnett

mabarnett Member

Ok I have changed the speed and I am converting back to .iso, hpefully it will work. Thanks alot for all your help.