1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running large iso.exe's

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by dudemagma, Jan 15, 2004.

1. dudemagma

dudemagma Member

Ok I have a bit of a problem. I have a large (650mb) iso.exe file that I am trying to extract. However, it does not give me the option to do so in the right click menu. I have done this with smaller files of this type (the largest one I had done previously was around 500mb) and it had gone smoothly. I use WinRAR for a zip util, and WinXP Pro for my os.

Any suggestions on this?

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Use a free application called CDMage and drag-n-drop the iso in the upper left hand dialog box and then follow instructions. You should see the tree directory of the iso over to the right.

What is "it"& right click menu?

CDMage
    http://cdmage.orcon.net.nz/frames.html

Shoey :)

3. dudemagma

dudemagma Member

Ok to clear up some fog here...

Ok I have a bit of a problem. I have a large (650mb) iso.exe file that I am trying to extract. However, it [the menu that pops up resulting from right-clicking the file in Windows, giving options on what you want done with it] does not give me the option to do so in the right click menu [from the file].

I have however solved this problem. I found isobuster recommended in another part of this site, so I downloaded that and it cleared up the problem.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2004
  4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Glad to hear IsoBuster solved your problem m8. IsoBuster is a great program for extracting many file formats but keep in mind the program isn't a freebie.
    CDMage= freebie

5. dudemagma

dudemagma Member

OK, scenario:

You download a game in different parts (i.e. cd 1, cd 2, etc.) in iso format, is there any way to check on whether the iso file has problems (i.e. files don't match right) before using/installing it?

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

You can use CDMage to see if there are any errors.
    If it's recent pc game don't bother with CDMage and burn slow.