1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Runtime error when using Shrink-What went wrong?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Nick45, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Nick45

Nick45 Member

After using DVD decrypter to decrypt Shrek2 into a ISO image file. I did notice at the end that it said there were two 'bad patches -but it continued to decrypt.
    I then went to use Shrink fit 3.2 to compress the 7 gig file to under 4.7. It analysed to 97% and then crashed and said:

Runtime error.
    Prog:C:\program Files\DVDshrink\DVDshrink 3.2exe.
    abnormal program termination.
    O.K
    What did i do wrong-should I decrypt again? or maybe it doesn't like Iso files. Any suggestions please?

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Try starting all over, but let shrink to all the work and then let decryter do the burning.

3. Nick45

Nick45 Member

Thanks for your suggestion.
    However i am having probs with Shrink see thread "I'm really stuck-Help me if you can-Happy new year" 31.Dec 2004 in DVD-R-for newbies. Shrink is crashing with a 'serious error' whenever i tried to analyse or encode. I suggested it might be a nero incompatability, that's why I am going through decrypter first.
    The latest situ is this. If i try to make an iso image file from Shrek 2 I get 2 failed patches and then the runtime error when i try to encode and burn in shrink. When i create a Video TS file no problems at all. No crash or runtime error. However Shrink or Decrypter don't read TS files . So i'm stumped. What can I do?