1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rush Hour 3

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by ttocsm, Dec 20, 2007.

1. iamnobody

iamnobody Member

lol, i've always had problems with anymore than @70-75% compression, although i don't burn at a slower rate as you stated. anymore compression than that, then i have/had massive problems. i was going to say (earlier), can you play back your copy (on your h/d) without errors, either with shrink, or your player (like powerdvd)? at least that would tell you if you got a bad rip. g/l

2. vamsilak

vamsilak Regular member

rushhour3 doesnot have to be shrink
    if using dvdshrink-movie only can be under 4.7
    if using dvdfab/hdfab also under 4.7 if u choose movie only

3. jbm2451

jbm2451 Member

Anyone who backed up Rush Hour 3 or Shoot em up should watch the backed up copy. Everything was fine until chapter 4, the sound started messing up and the video looked like it was going in 2x speed.
    This happened with both movies. (both are from New Line)
    I used anydvd 6.3.0.3, dvd shrink and burned with dvd decrypter.
    I tried the same programs on my laptop and the same thing happened.
    It was okay until chapter 4 (15 minutes into the movie.)
    Can someone check their back up and tell me if the same thing happened to them?
    I'm going to try rip it for me next.

4. mtrunz

mtrunz Member

"rushhour3 doesnot have to be shrink
    if using dvdshrink-movie only can be under 4.7
    if using dvdfab/hdfab also under 4.7 if u choose movie only"

It does need to be compressed if you copy the full disc (unless you go dual layer). I really don't believe that compression is the problem here. To answer the question that iamnobody asked earlier, the comp. rate was 67%. I've gone down to just over 50% and never had a problem.

5. mtrunz

mtrunz Member

This is exactly what I experienced though I'm not sure what chapter it first occurred. Please let me know if you find a solution that works.

6. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

ok with rush hour 3 i picked the first widescreen title(theres four titles two fullscreen and two widescreen) and it played back fine using clonedvd 2 + anydvd doing the movie only

with Shoot Em Up i used the first title(theres two titles) doing the movie only using clonedvd 2 + anydvd and it played back fine also

7. mtrunz

mtrunz Member

I'll try clone on the 1st widescreen (5.1 I assume). I bought clone when I bought Any DVD but kept using shrink since I never had a reason not to and I was familiar with it. I may need to run a tutorial for clone before I use it. Thanks for the advice!

8. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  9. mtrunz

mtrunz Member

Thanks for the info. You da man!

10. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

no problem hope it works for ya

11. jbm2451

jbm2451 Member

12. mtrunz

mtrunz Member

I tried CloneDVD2 as suggested but being the adventurous type, I selected all 4 movies instead of just one to see if that would work and the backup looks just fine. No more jittery, halting playback. I guess Shrink just wasn't able to handle this title for whatever reason. I'm glad I decided to buy Clone with AnyDVD way back when. One of you wise Afterdawners suggested getting both at the time so I did. I often wondered if I'd ever actually use it. Thanks for the tutorial link too ZOSO. It made the process a snap after being so used to shrink. Have a great new year!

13. hjsn1

hjsn1 Member

Do you guys seriously drop the compression down to 50%? How does that look? Doesn't that make the picture look pixelated(I think thats how you spell it?)I would rather have the movie only and stay with high quality. I even cut out some of the credits to make the quality higher. The lowest i've gone is 85%. If I want the whole movie, I would get some dual layer discs.

14. mtrunz

mtrunz Member

I try to keep it in the low 60's at worst but I have gone to the mid 50's a few times and the picture still looks great. I'd guess that if you did a side by side comparison, you might see a difference but I can put it best by saying that if you sat down to watch the backup I just made & didn't know it wasn't the original, you wouldn't think twice. The quality is great and the playback is flawless. Like I mentioned before, I've seen problems when the backup is burned at higher speeds to save time but in my personal experience, I had not seen the compression rate cause problems. That being said, the rate I was using with shrink may be exactly what caused my problems with RH3. I guess there's a first time for everything.

15. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

being dvd shrink isn't updated anymore it has problems even using anydvd behind it sometimes. using clonedvd 2 is always the best choice. glad the backup worked and your happy with clonedvd 2 , Happy New Years to you also

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  16. bean55

bean55 Member

Dvd Fab Platinum will work and I have watchd it and it came out great.
    I never burn higher than 4x and never compress lower than 70%

bean55

17. soup1

soup1 Member

Nowadays with newer drives & newer media, 4X is not necessarily the best speed to burn at anymore. You have to try it out & find out which works for your drive/media combination. Generally a good rule of thumb is half the rated speed of the blank discs, notice I said generally.

18. mtrunz

mtrunz Member

You may very well be correct. I know people that burn at max and generally have no problems. I just happen to have a " better safe than sorry" attitude and it hasn't let me down yet. That's not to say you can't go faster. My habits are certainly not to be considered the end all, be all by any means. What works for me, may not be the best for the next guy. Experimentation is many times what allows us to help each other out in these forums.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  19. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Some wise words from a newbie.

20. soup1

soup1 Member

Never suggested you change, that would be personal choice,(if it ain't broke don't fix it). As this is an open Forum, just supplying information for others that might read this, that is correct & can be backed up if necessary.

EDIT: Initially I was replying to bean55's post.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008