1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rush Hour 3

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by ttocsm, Dec 20, 2007.

1. mtrunz

mtrunz Member

My apologies if you misunderstood my intent. I wasn't questioning your method and I didn't intend to imply that you were advocating changing my method. I intended to welcome your thoughts in regard to there being more than one way to accomplish your backups. When I said " Experimentation is many times what allows us to help each other out in these forums" I was defering to the advice you offered and wanted to make the point that if not for individuals like yourself who have tried, proven and shared your methods with us all, this forum would not be the gold mine of valuable information that it is. In short, thank you and everyone else who have taken the time to help thier fellow Afterdawners.

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Just some reading for you gents:

3. soup1

soup1 Member

I understood & didn't think you were questioning, in fact a while ago, I would have totally agreed with what you said, because I was doing it exactly the same way. Sometimes it is hard with this medium to relay info without offending somebody & not to try & sound like some know it all, which trust me, I am not. With what we do, there is no right or wrong way as long as it works for the individual doing it, it is only when they have problems, that they need to explore other avenues. So no offence taken here & I hope you didn't take it like I mean't you were wrong, because that was not my intent. Gotta love, personal choice.

4. mtrunz

mtrunz Member

On a regular basis, this forum proves that reasonable people can have different approaches and still learn from one another. Whatever the querry may be, there is never a shortage of helpful advice from individuals who freely share what they have learned. It never ceases to amaze me that people are so willing to share thier experiences for the benefit of others. I learn something everytime I scan the forums. As soup1 so eloquently said "Gotta love, personal choice", I'd like to ad to that sentiment and say "Gotta love Afterdawn forums". You guys ROCK!

5. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Which is a great thing!

I always favored learning from others success ,or failure, rather from my failure. Plus, if every body would do "exactly" the same thing-and not just regarding burning movies-if no one would take chances/experiment/learn new ways, there would be no progress.

6. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Alright,

Group Hug! ;D

7. bean55

bean55 Member

To All

I did say I never. I do believe everyone has differant equipment, discs, etc etc so there is more than 1 way of doing things.Even though I am a newbie as far as signing up I have been browsing and learning from these forums for several years now.Scuba Pete has some great instructions on disc copying among other things that has taught me a lot and helped me from losing more hair than I can afford.I just want to say Thanks To Everyone for there inputs.

bean55

8. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

no problem glad we could all help

9. usaben

usaben Member

download DVDFab Platinum 4.0.3.2 ,
    it works for rush hour 3 and Shoot Em Up.

10. skillzrap

skillzrap Member

I have DVDFab Platinum 4.0.3.2 & it doesn't list the dvd in the source area. I downloaded DVDFabHD from the website which is trial version 4.0.4.0 Beta & it doesn't list the dvd also. I have tried downloading the trial version of AnyDVD but no luck. It shows 2 drives but both empty after I insert the dvd. I could I have a bad copy of Rush Hour 3 even though it plays.

11. winnipoo

winnipoo Member

skillzrap, go back to pg.6 and do what vulcan94 said to do..it worked for me

12. skillzrap

skillzrap Member

Thanks I looked at the bottom of my dvd. It has small scuffs on it so I borrowed my brother's dvd & DVDFab Platinum worked perfect with CloneDVD2 use to burn it.

13. winnipoo

winnipoo Member

glad to hear that.isn't funny how sometimes it can be somrthing so simple and other times you could shoot the computer.ha ha

14. bean55

bean55 Member

DVDFab has another update 4.0.5.0
    the boys are good

bean55

15. hrdbawl

hrdbawl Member

I went thru all of the Rush Hour 3 pages (yea, pages) and I cannot after 2 attempts get the audio to work consistently. It seems as if this movie found a way to make the movie stay encrypted, but somethign tells me the people on Afterdawn know a way. I've been using this board for years now and use AnyDVD with Shrink exclusively with NO issues on all of my backups. I doubt the burning software is of issue here. Any takers?

16. princern

princern Member

What I did was Rip the Wide Screen files with DVD Decrypter w/ Any DVD Trial in the background. When it asks to overwrite 7-1 VOB select no and any error messages select ignore. When it's done, delete all IFO files and run FixVTS on the VOBs. After that Run IFOedit and "create IFOs". When finished, re-open IFOedit and "Get VTS sectors" to fix IFOs and "Save". Then burn with whatever you like... a perfect quality copy.

17. hrdbawl

hrdbawl Member

Holy Moly and thanks! I have backed up quite a few of my movies over the years and never had to go to that extent. Is this a new encryption that AnyDVD hasn't mastered or just the way you go about it?

18. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

That sounds way too much trouble...it just makes me go out and buy the movie just to play with it! It had been released before the latest updates of AnyDVD or DVDFab HD Decrypter, these two should handle it just fine now.

19. hrdbawl

hrdbawl Member

Well, I found the simple remedy. Simply going into Shrink and dragging the movie over (only the movie, full screen version) to decyrpt did the job. That simple. I just haven't had the audio cut in and out like it did by doing a typical shrink backup. Thanks for the help all.

20. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member