1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S.M.C Barricader router ports

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by killalot, Jan 28, 2008.

1. killalot

killalot Active member

S.M.C Barricader router ports
    Any one know how you open ports on this router for azures downloads when I do a speed check with azures it reports 245 kbps download but when I download a torrent the smiley
    Face stays yellow says I’m connected to peers but don’t have any remote connection could have a Nat problem something to that effect my download speeds fluctuate goes to 100 kbps stays there for a wile then goes down to 25 up again and so on I’ve got windows firewall turned of been in the router setup cant work out how you open ports the router is a few years old it’s the 4 port one I can get the model number if needed my torrents on the few occasions go green but more yellow then green I hoping someone might have this router and can give me an easy step by step guide how to open ports and which ones to select cheers.

2. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

Before you mess with the router, you might want to try the Tools/NAT Firewall Test in Azureus.

If you fail, then you can check and see if your router is listed at PortForward.com Router Index.
    If it is, then choose your model and it will take you to a screen where you can choose Azureus and then it will give you a guide for your router and Azureus.

I think it is mentioned there, but a port in the 49152-65534 range is suggested for Azureus. Port is Blacklisted

You may also want to take a look at Good Settings for advice on adjusting internal Azureus options to their optimal.

3. killalot

killalot Active member

Ok cheers have a look it to that

4. killalot

killalot Active member

Jeffw224 you a star I’ve got the green smiley face now and the Nat test in azures is ok well was last night I set up a static ip address for my computer selected port 80 in azures and changed the listening port went in my router set that up thought I did it wrong but azures says its working ok 1 question though on portforward it says tell azures to use the static address I sent up for my computer for the live of me I cant find any where in azures where you can enter it any advice

5. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

If you have the green NAT and pass the test in Azureus I would not mess with anything.
    I do not know what model you have, but I looked at a guide for an SMC and I did not see that instruction.
    What is your model #?

But like I said if it is running right, don't mess with it.

You should check out good settings now that you have the green.

6. killalot

killalot Active member

let you know when I get in from work can’t remember of the top of my head like you said though looks like its good to go

7. killalot

killalot Active member

Just quick up date all seems ok now got the green face downloading now sometimes 300kbs + on some torrents changed my cable package from 2meg for the 4meg option wile I was at it and what a difference it makes does “Ghostsurf “work with azures or is it a waste of time if it does work with azures will it stop my cable provider from seeing what I’m downloading and any other snoop dogs and will it slow down my downloads cheers again for the help

8. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

I do not know much about Ghostsurf, but from what I read at their site I do not think it will matter much with Azureus.

ISPs (Internet Service Providers) are interested in how much you down/up load as this affects their bandwidth.
    They are not looking into what you download as they have no economic interest in copyrights.
    The only time they will contact someone on a copyright violation is when they have been notified by an anti-P2P group like the MPAA.

The best way (and it is not 100%) is to use a blocklist which blocks known anti-P2P IPs.

Azureus has a built in function to use the blocklists at Tools/Options/IP Filters.

There are two ways to get the blocklist into the IP Filter.
    I would suggest using the Level 1 blocklist.

One is to download the BISS Blocklist Torrent and extract the Level 1 blocklist (the torrent has all the blocklists) to a location on you computer and set that location on the IP Filter function.
    The blocklist torrent comes out once a week.
    I do this and store my Level 1 folder at Program Files/Azureus/Plugins.
    This image is from mine:
    [​IMG]

The other way is to have the IP Filter auto-download the Level 1 blocklist.
    To do this enter http://www.bluetack.co.uk/config/level1.gz where I have the Level 1.txt info.

This is all I use.
    Some people use a proxy (or something similar), I have not found the need.

9. killalot

killalot Active member

cheers again my good friend glad you haven’t forgot about me did read somewhere about the filters for azures looks like ill give that a go thanks for all your help think that just about covers the topic, downloads are going good and the smiley face is always green unless there’s a problem with the tracker been on the money since I opened some ports from your advice so best of luck and if I get stuck I know where to come for help.

10. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

killalot
    Happy to help you.
    Good to see you are running good.
    Best of luck to you.

11. killalot

killalot Active member

Quick question to get azures to download the filters automatic do I enter
    http://www.bluetack.co.uk/config/level1.gz Or

http://www.bluetack.co.uk/config/level1.txt

Tried both and when I click update now nothing happens but if I download the list and point azures to where the updates are i.e. in my documents and click update it loads the list at the bottom think I’m doing something wrong to get azures to update them automatic?

12. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

It is the Level 1.gz.

I have not used that way, but I know of others that do.
    I believe it should auto-update itself on Azureus' startup.
    If it does not, let me know and I will check with someone who has it that way.

BTW just to make sure, what number is showing up for filters at the bottom?