1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S-video problems.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Ray21, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Ray21

Ray21 Member

Hi... I got my PC hooked up to the TV w/ the S-video cable. I am able to project my monitor on to the TV. As well, i can ... say play a DVD on my PC and have it show up on the TV. However, when i play video files (avi., mpeg, etc) w/ windows media player, the video doesnt load up and all i get is a black screen. Is there any way i can get my videos to play?

2. oranjeman

oranjeman Member

Hello Ray21,

In response to your enquiry, I did exactly the same thing today and got the same outcome. I can find no answer so when you get a response please tell me too!

3. oranjeman

oranjeman Member

I just fixed it Ray21... I upgraded my Windows Media Player to version 10 and it worked... try it and see

4. Ray21

Ray21 Member

wow..thats great! umm..what kind of video card to you have? I have a Geforce... fx5200 or something... lol...forgot exactly...

anyways... are you able to get an image on your PC and TV at the same time?

I was able to fix the problem... but i had to switch my TV as primary display... so the .avi file would play on the TV but not on my PC.

Another question, is there any way i can have the TV lock onto windows media player? ( so someone can watch the .avi file and i can surf the computer at the same time?

thanks.

5. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

good luck doing that.

Basically you need to think of that TV as a monitor. So whatever you can see on the monitor should also be played on the TV. With your current setup you will not be able to do what you are saying.

The only possible suggestion I have is using your onboard video card and the TV as a dual monitor setup. If it will let you do that then you could essentially make the TV into monitor #2, then you should be able to drag the media player over to that screen OFF of the monitor screen. This may allow you to do both at the same time. But I am not sure I see the point?

6. Mpup54

Mpup54 Member

can someone recommend some great video cards for S Video? Much appreciated!