1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Safe file sharing country

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by fymlor, Mar 22, 2017.

1. fymlor

fymlor Member

Hi
    With the UK and other country cracking down on file sharing and downloading media, i was wondering if any body knows a good country to have a dedicated server or virtual server for downloading torrents and stuff like using Shareaza. I hear that some country's do not in force it, or like Switzerland for example it is legal for private use apparently. That way one then can use a vpn to fetch the files and hopefully becomes untraceable by the Authority?

hope this is the right forum.
    any ideas welcome
    Thanks

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Softether vpn opensource if you want free vpn with a few different servers in various countries,the speeds aren't that great (beggers can't be choosers n' all that) however it worked ok for me.

As for un-trace ability that's what a few peds found wasn't true using tor that have been in the news recently.I doubt there is such a thing.I suspect it comes down to priority for the authorities & maybe money as to who gets caught & who doesn't.Small players don't have the same impact as large torrent sites,better to go after larger players.Encryption of the files would go along way to disguising the files from snooping