1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Safe Share issues or WHAT

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by newbie9, Oct 30, 2004.

1. newbie9

newbie9 Member

Hi all...Read somewhere here that Safe Share causes all kinds of problems vis a vis infecting the computer b/c it's linked to spyware etc. Occurred to me my computer's not been the same since downloading it. I am CONSTANTLY attacked by pop up ads etc and my computer runs SOOO slow. Today tried to burn a CD and I am getting two errors: one says "The drive cannot track properly (1004)" and the second says "the current track mode is incompatible withthe disc format (1040)" I've NEVER had trouble burning before and my computer says the hardware is running fine which leads me to suspect Safe Share is breaking down??? Thoughts? HELP??? I am so frustrated, have done a system restore too but my computer seems so jacked and prob so infected with stuff I don't know where to begin???? PLEASE HELP!! WHat do these erros sound loike? Solution?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

run adaware6, spybot for spyware, your antivirus program or avg6(free version) from grisoft, online scan from antivirus.com