1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Safe Share

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Blaiz, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Blaiz

Blaiz Member

Anyone out there using or familiar with Safe Share? I didn't entirely realize what it was when I joined, but I used it for a couple weeks and then it locked up.

2. alilaw

alilaw Member

yes, been using it for about a month, great, but then about a week ago wont search any more. devastated. paid for a year.

3. Blaiz

Blaiz Member

Don't worry, I ran into that same problem and there's an easy way to fix it. You just have to find the install program (downloaded somewhere on your harddrive) and re-install it. Nothing to it once you find it.

The problem I've encountered since SafeShare is that my computer is now infested with spyware that slows it to a crawl. Plus I now get these pop ups that have the same look (frame) as the SafeShare proram. Coincidence? I think not. Have you seen this happen yet? I'm going to have to reformat my harddrive and probabbly not re-install safeShare. Thoughts?

4. alilaw

alilaw Member

sheesh. have noticed it running slower, will spyware software not cure it? is there any P2P out there that doesnt f**k your computer up? only had my PC a couple of months.

5. Blaiz

Blaiz Member

The only other thing I've used is Kazaa Lite, but it wasn't near as good at finding or downloading stuff. I don't know anything about spyware software. I have tried some pop up blockers I got from SafeShare. Naturally, those have not worked as it's a bit like band-aids from a mugger.

6. alilaw

alilaw Member

just uninstalled safe share, reinstalling it did not work. my PC's speeded up! see if you can find 'ad-aware SE' from Lavasoft, its a free spyware software, works a treat.

7. Blaiz

Blaiz Member

Thanks, I'll try that Lavasoft 'ad-aware SE' spyware maybe before I reformat to see the diff. When I "re-installed" SafeShare I did not un-install it first. It worked for me.

Are you going to look for other P2P? Let me know if you find something good.

8. alilaw

alilaw Member

did it first without uninstalling, no joy, then after uninstalling, it left the set up program behind, (no shit) tried again, no joy, so got rid of the lot. would have to buy it again now if i wanted to. mate of mine has a free P2P called 'shareaza' name sounds rather like kazaa to me. gunna give him a week at it, see if he has any probs. sounds slower than safe share like.

9. Blaiz

Blaiz Member

Hope you got some of your money's worth out of it. I found SafeShare by searching around and landing on a site that supposedly rated all the P2P's. SafeShare was at the top of the list. Guess they may have sponsored the site. At least they had that cool chick on the front page that followed your curser with her eyes. ")

Let me know how shareaza works out.

10. alilaw

alilaw Member

certainly got my moneys worth, i lost all interest in anything other than lifting music off wherever it is i was lifting it from. put circa 200 songs into my itunes, mainly old stuff from years ago. ace. going to have to find some other interests in life for a while. maybe speak to people, go outside, that sort of thing! might have time to actually listen to my music now that i stopped acquiring it.

11. heybilly

heybilly Regular member

people are actually paying for peer to peer??? that kinda contradicts what p2p is all about... all the p2p info u would ever need is at http://www.slyck.com

12. Blaiz

Blaiz Member

Now careful, alilaw, don't do anything rash with all that new freetime! I've been lifting a lot of old stuff, too. Much of it I already have on vinyl but not digitally. Some stuff I just can't find though, like UK - Night After Night, Crack the Sky, a band called Detective, and some other semi-obscure stuff. Anything you've heard of? What are you into?

13. alilaw

alilaw Member

at the minute, the secret machines, and the polyphonic spree. think i'm going to run away with the spree after next gig i go to. get some meaning back in my post-safe-share life.

14. Blaiz

Blaiz Member

A Post P2P groupie?
    Haven't heard of either of those. Are they Aussie bands or something?

15. alilaw

alilaw Member

american both, and the albums of the 2004.

www.thepolyphonicspree.com
    three of the new songs on the site.

www.thesecretmachines.com
    all the songs off the album at the top left of the site.

apart from these hogging the ipod at the moment, generally like anything good, radiohead, stone roses, strokes, white stripes, british mostly though.

thinking i'll starve myself of a P2P music theiving device for a while, maybe get some old fashioned CDs, cleanse myself, feel all at one with the world and the tunes within it, then download a Sony, EMI, music megacorps robbing software device and perform some smash and grabs the like of which the world has never seen. for gods sake i need to see a doctor.

16. doggeman

doggeman Guest

what do i do now"??? i downloaded safeshare paid for a year it worked two days, my computer crashed....got it back up tried my account with safeshare, it worked for a day now wont download or search,,,,who do i contact??/anybody know???

17. Blaiz

Blaiz Member

Dog, I feel your pain.
    here's what I did to fix that - not a guarenteed fix but it worked for me: use your search tool to find the install program (downloaded somewhere on your harddrive) and re-install it. Nothing to it once you find it.

18. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

a little off topic here guys.....

safeshare huh?

http://club.cdfreaks.com/lite/t-96570.html

their are numerous more bad reports on this software, i would dispose if i were you.....

paying for P2P........

why? why, are people paying to download illegal stuff? i mean seriously, why?

the whole point of P2P is [bold]FREE[/bold] stuff, jeez people - what have you lot become, buncha n00bs

19. Blaiz

Blaiz Member

As an x-nOOb, I'm with you on that, LoNeR. However, I did find that it worked a 1000 better than Kazaa Lite at finding and getting me songs. Of course it also worked equally well at finding adware, spyware and ware-n-tare on my sense of well being. I'm dumping it when I reformat my harddrive. No such thing as a free lunch, I guess, even for $20.

20. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

lol,ill give u a tip mate

the two best things are Bittorrent & IRC