1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Safe to download with Limewire?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Berkner80, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Berkner80

Berkner80 Regular member

I have started to download music again with Limewire after holding off for about a year. I downloaded Peerguardian but I am not sure how much that helps in keeping me safe. I mostly download 70's and hard to find songs(one hit wonders from the 70's and 80's). I don't download many new songs. Is the RIAA interested in me or are they concerned mostly with the new stuff being downloaded. I did download PINK's "Trouble" but that is about the only new song I have downloaded in a while. If it is too much of a risk I'd rather just not download at all.

2. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

You should be good with Peerguardian. They dont get you for taking songs though. They get you for sharing songs.

3. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

You should be fine with PeerGuardian2, I haven't had any emails or letters coming yet. =P

Be sure not to download the files that LimeWire detects as corrupt, and if you're really paranoid you can scan everything you download. =)