1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

safety issue

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by RatedA, Aug 1, 2007.

1. RatedA

RatedA Member

So I know its pretty much impossible to get sued for using bittorrent, but wats the posibility of getting cause if you download like lets say 1GB a week.

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

You don't say where you live. I live in the European Union, where we have this thing called "freedom", and where we laugh at the jackass DMCA. My experience of web forums is that when people don't bother specifying which country they live in, it's because they think there is only one country in the world. (And we all know which one that is).

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  3. BigB92

BigB92 Member

Yeah Indochine, although I am american. Well assuming that your d/l 1GB a week of illegal content, it would be extremely difficult to figure out that you have personally downloaded that much. (I'm not supporting this, just hypothetical suggesting it.) If your really paranoid you should keep all illegal content on one HD, that way if the fed ever come knocking you can either take a magnet to it or hide it under your house since chances are their warrent would only include your computer and any HD's that you have laying around your office.

Also nearly forgot, to prevent the Fed hackers from connecting to ur computer in the first place, like through torrents, you can use something like Peer Guardian, that way they couldn't get enough evidence to get that warrent.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  4. LILBUCK

LILBUCK Guest

LOL 1 gb a week.

I live in CANADA and download about 20 to 40 gig a week there is no problem up here, only those NAZI's at my isp provider who complain when I download more than 100 gb a month.

5. RatedA

RatedA Member

Sorry I forgot to state tat I live in the US. My main question is that does downloading more increase ur risk of getting caught, also how often do people get busted for crap like this?