1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SAGEM DBOX 2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by SILVERPLY, Mar 8, 2007.

1. SILVERPLY

SILVERPLY Guest

HI, I HAVE A SAGEM DBOX 2, IT'S BEEN FLASHED BUT NEVER WORKED, WOULD START UP WITH NEUTRINO BUT NEVER GOT ANY PICTURE, I TRIED TO FLASH THE BOX BY REMOTE CONTROL BUT NOW SAYS LOADING KERNEL AND FREEZES, TRIED TO FLASH BY COMPUTER BUT NO GOOD MUST BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG, ALL THE BOOTLOADERS INFO SEEMS TO BE IN GERMAN, ANY IDEAS. NEW TO THIS BUT WILLING TO LEARN, CHEERS.

2. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

Well mate if you head over to http://techno-source.co.uk/phpbb , theres guides, images and more info available for downloading. Also our members will help ya if you get stuck. The site is down for maintanence at the moment but i am working on getting it back up within the next 10 mins

3. SILVERPLY

SILVERPLY Guest

tam2005, will have a look cheers mate.

4. robinofb

robinofb Member

This is my first posting on this or any forum sorry if I'm doning it wrong! I need help with a non functioning remote control on my dbox. I have tried 5 different remotes including 2 new ones bought specifically for it. I guess the box is no recieving the signal? Is this repairable or should I junk the box and start over?

5. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

What image is on it?

6. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Try to reboot the box.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2007
  7. robinofb

robinofb Member

Oooo I wasn't expecting such a quick responce... caught me offguard!
    The box came with the Sportster image installed and I have switched it on and off at the mains and from standby many times... had a quick look inside to check no loose wires etc. nothing much to see there!

8. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Are you able to switch the channels via the up and down arrow button at the front panel.

9. robinofb

robinofb Member

Yes one at a time, slowly and by the time I get to half way through premium channels has started freezing! Very frustrating. The box does freeze out even if I leave it on movies2 (the default channel) but seems to last longer sometimes than others. Its the remote thing that really stops me enjoying anything...and I might be able to use the remote to sort out problems too (I have been reading the forum).

10. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Either there is a hardware fault or the preowner chose the wrong remote setting.
    If you know the IP of the box you can use the web interface and control your box via your web browser. http://ip-of-your-box

11. robinofb

robinofb Member

Thanks. I have been thinking about linking the box to my laptop. I think I need a special cable (not the one I use to my router)so a trip to the shops tommorow. I can see the IP address when the box starts up and runs through its menus. Do you think I can change the remote control settings? I just looked at the adverts on here and found a IR panel for sale so all is not lost either way.

12. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Maybe its easier to simply reflash the box.
    You need a crossover network cable anyway.

13. robinofb

robinofb Member

Mmmm. that sound like the business... then I would really feel like I had arrived in the whole mysterious world of dbox. If I could be confident the remote would work afterwards nothing could stop me! Of course I would worry about what I might loose and it might take a while to get everything back. Thanks for the advice... really appreciated!