1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SAGEM DBOX2 cable-loss of channels (Newbie)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by mouse31, Feb 4, 2007.

1. mouse31

mouse31 Member

Until recently I was receiving all channels (telewest) but suddenly I have lost all film, sport & adult channels. My friend had a similar problem with his Eurobox & he was directed to a site to download a software patch. I tried a service scan & I still get about 50 channels but where I used to get sport etc I just get the channel number & EPG but no sound or vision. Any help would be appreciated. (The simpler, the better!)
    Thanks

2. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

Have you tried a service scan, mate perhaps you could do with a newer service file.

3. Dunxs1

Dunxs1 Member

Hi i'm new to the d-box stuff too- got it yesterday, please could you explian what a service scan does and the steps involved.
    Thanx.Dunx.

4. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

If you were receiving all channels and then the pay channels suddenly go off then just go to onr of those channels and let it update, only takes a minute or two.

5. mouse31

mouse31 Member

tam2005,
    Hi thanks for reply. I did do a service scan & that didn't change anything. Sorry to be a pain but how do i get a newer service file? I'm afraid it would have to be in simple terms for me (this simpleton) to follow!

6. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

lol, what area do you live in and il check my service files to see if i have one. Or you could head over to http://techno-source.co.uk/phpbb . All you have to do is register and you will see a downloads section, just download all the service files. Any probs just drop us a post

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2007
  7. mouse31

mouse31 Member

Hi again Tam2005, I live in the telewest cable area.(plymouth). I took your advice & tried to register with techno-source buy screwed that up as well. I will try again when I hear from their administrator (no fool like an old one)
    Meanwhile if you happen to have an update it would be appreciated.

8. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

Was there a problem with the site? i am one of the admins over there and your registration looks fine from my end lol.

9. mouse31

mouse31 Member

Hi
    When I tried to register I PRESSED THE UNDER 13 YEAR OLD BUTTON BY MISTAKE AND AS A 64 YEAR OLD I NOW HAVE TO GET MY PARENTS CONSENT!!!!!! to register. I have emailed this message to the administrators. Who's a silly old b****er?

10. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

from what you say it seems your ECM ha snot been updated with the latest keys (keys change evry minute and the box would detect the store the keys to use and auto update as keys are changed)..

do you get the standard FTA channels like BBC1, ITV, CBBC

and not the Sky Sports or Movies

if so then you can go to Sky Sports 1 - leave it on for a minute or two for the EvoCamd to detect the ECM, store the new keys and the channel should clear and viewable.

11. Iainang

Iainang Member

I have the sagem d box and i have exactly the same problem, everything was perfect until my bro did a service scan, now i only have about 50 channels.

I get sky sports xtra, setanta, adult channels etc, but no movies or sky sports 1, 2, or 3, no uktv channels either.

When i service scan it doesnt even list the sky sports 1 or 2, can anyone help please.

12. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

Your bro could and have went to update and never let the service scan finish completely or something. If i were you mate id also head over to http://techno-source.co.uk/phpbb and register, then download the service files and load the suitable one onto your box.