1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sagem dbox2 cables file

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by doveslad, Jun 16, 2007.

1. doveslad

doveslad Member

Hi,
    I've just got hold of a sagem dbox2. The image that came with it looks ok, its a sportster one.
    I found a load of help manuals in the forum that say i should see the uk cable providers in the scan menu but i'm only seeing the german ones. I did a full scan and it found all the right channels but the encrypted channels were blocked.
    I've downloaded a service file via ftp but i'm still not seeing any uk service providers.
    One of the help manuals says i need a cables.xml file if i cant see the providers, i have one cables file that was in a rar file with all the service files but it doesnt look like a uk one.

Am i on the right track with the cables file, if i am does anyone have a uk version?

cheers.

2. dbox2beg

dbox2beg Member

It's not the cables.xml that is wrong, it's more likely the keys. Most of the 'new' images don;t have working keys.

Best thing to do is to flash an older image on your box, as this is more likely to contain the 'keys', which allows you to watch the non-FTA channels.

3. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Just reflash an up to date one and your done
    One here if you want it mate..........Paul

4. doveslad

doveslad Member

ok i'll try a different image, cheers guys.

5. chowarth

chowarth Member

ok guys i know you have probably explained this to a million people but can you please now put it into blonde bimbo terms i know nothing about images or sporster commando ??? files and i have 4 german dboxes all in german picking up nearly 300 transponders and taking hours to scan it finds channels but i get this sinking feeling that the channels will be encrypted can someone give me a guide to follow that cannot fail... i already have a british version dbox that came all set up for me tat runs great but i bought all my family one each and now i'm screwed.

6. dbox2beg

dbox2beg Member

7. chowarth

chowarth Member

they are the same make and model is it easy to just copy the image from one to another i have all the leads but not the know how