1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sagem Dbox2 problems

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by kbhutta, May 26, 2007.

1. kbhutta

kbhutta Guest

Hi
    I bought Sagem DBox2 from germany. in service scan menu, it just doesn't list any of the uk cable providers.it's got sportster pro 1.10 from 18/02/2007 installed on it.
    Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease help, i'd really appreciate, i'm based in london.
    is this image compatible with uk? if not what would i need to do, please reply

2. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

In the service menu go to service provider when you push ok it should change options Prob better throwing a new image on it ..........Paul

3. kbhutta

kbhutta Guest

Hi Paul

I've pressed ok until it comes back to the first provider, none of the providers listed are the uk ones, they all seem to be other european provider e-g kable berlin, cable bruteforce, WTlive etc but none of the uk ones like ntl or telewest.
    u reckon this image (sportster pro 1.1 dated 18/02/2007) can be used in the uk?
    many thax in advance

4. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Sure thing mate cable bruteforce is the one you need to select
    Sym rate =6952 =Tely pest..........6887= Nthell
    Lets know how you do ...Paul

5. kbhutta

kbhutta Guest

Hi
    sorry for being such a nuisance.......
    no luck with cable bruteforce after an hour of scanning, not a single transponder found.
    where do u find these sym rates? (6887 & 6952) cause i couldn't see them under the cable providers menus.
    i had a previous dbox with "uk sportster 1.7" installed on it and in that box, i had the two uk providers "cable sym 6887" and "cable sym 6952" under the service scan option. this one just doesn't have them at all.
    many thanx for the help

6. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Have you done the above And it dont work
    Best off to
    flash another image on it mate
    I have all you need to get you through it
    All you need to do is get your self a cross over cable
    Get back when you have one .................Paul

7. kbhutta

kbhutta Guest

Many thanx Paul
    I'll have the cross over cable available in the next 30 mins (asked a friend to drop it to my place) Will u b able to get me thru the update process then or wud it b too late for u? In that case when wud it b possible for u?

8. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

May be stay in touch mate on it now withg a few beers ..........paul

9. kbhutta

kbhutta Guest

ok, i'm on it now...
    will have the cable in a few mins..
    what r the first stages so i can get myself prepared, btw i've checked a few things already, it's a twin flash (intel) box, i've downloaded the image "Sportster 1.7+ uk05_2x.img" unless we need another image.
    pls let me know if u want me to download anything else in the meanwhile.
    i'll try and b as quick as possible but pls be patient and many many thx in advance 4 ur help

10. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

I dont think its goin to go to night mate pm your e mail addy that image you hve is old hat ' Ile have you up and runnin to morrow no probs ...........Paul