1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sagem dbox2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by chaggy, Jan 13, 2007.

1. chaggy

chaggy Regular member

Hi All
    New to this so please bear with me.

Iv'e bought a box from germany but they forgot to change the image so its still in continental mode.They have told me that I need to flash a new image.Because I don't understand how to do this,is there someone out there than explain to me in simple terms.Firstly what equipment I will need and where to purchase this from and secondly how to do it(step by step please).Once I have received the equip it might be useful if someone is prepared to speak to me on the telephone(at my expense of course).With me trying to do this it saves unnecessary carriage costs back to Germany.

Thanks in advance.

Charlie.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  2. stevenali

stevenali Member

Hi there I'm a newbie to all this too. First Rule is have a good read of any Stickies.

I believe you need a programme to flash your box such as IFA image flashing assistant and you need a nullmodem & Xover cable.

Most of the software is accessible here if you look at other messages. If need a link for software then I have one. Not sure of the rules for posting live links here so i won't offend the mods by posting it.
    I should add I haven't flashed my box or linked it to my pc yet as I only got mine yesterday and it is flashed correctly already.

Steve
    Steve

3. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

4. chaggy

chaggy Regular member

Hi
    Thanks for that.The person I got the box from said he will send me the cables + cd with image and tools + descriptions for flashing.Because i'm not very computer literate I may need some assistance step by step.Can you recomend anyone who might help over the telephone.

5. dee07

dee07 Member

i bought a sagem dbox off ebay but when i got it i tryed to get into the menu but it just kept flashing is there a way to get into it without this happening

6. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

if you are having problems with the image, flash another one on... one that is more reliable.