1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sagem, has transponders, signals, service file, but NO channels

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by ruprect, Mar 27, 2007.

1. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

I have a sagem 1x box, it came with commando set up for the UK. I am in dublin I tried a scan using UK 6887 and got some transponders but no channels.
    I flashed on my own sporster pacino 1.7 1x image which has worked on my other 3 sagem 1x boxes. It came up with an "error no channel found" on all of them. If I check the signal it seems the same as my other boxes, so it is picking up something. Then if I try to scan it picks up transponders but fewer than my other boxes, e.g. "cable dublin" picks up 2, while my other boxes pick up 14. But then it picks up no channels at all.

Is there anything I can try, like different cams or ucodes or something. I have set up 3 sagem 1x and a sagem 2x so far and all are running OK.

I opened the box to see if anything needed reseating (one other box did). It all looks OK inside to me.

2. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

It looks like the tuner need a stronger signal.
    You can try to unplug the cable to the modem. That will give the tuner a little bit more electrical power.

3. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Yes I had tried that but with no luck. Do you think a booster would help, I will probably get one in argos so I can return it if it doesnt work. Also later that night my own sagem 2x was acting up and not getting epgs and missing some channels, so maybe my house has a weak signal. I just thought this strange since I would expect some channels even if it was weak, i.e. weak jittery channels coming in, once it has the service files etc.

My other boxes are all fine now but this one is still doesnt work at all

4. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Did you try the new box at the same feed plug?
    Every splitter decrease the signal strength.

5. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Yeah I tried it in others, and tried unplugging the other TVs in the house etc. My dbox in my room only had a strength of 20000 this morning but was working fine. Downstairs (where I usually test it) it has a sig of 26000, my 2x box can have up to 32000

I will take it up the road to another house and try it later. If I still have no luck I will get a booster and give it a go.

6. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

The booster brought the sig up to 69000 but still no channels. The tuner bit seems to get hot so must be faulty.

7. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

You have to check all 3 values, not only SIG.

8. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Its the only one that really changes much, BER is 0 and SNR is about 65000 (on all of the 6 boxes I tried)

9. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

If BER is around zero, the signal strength is ok.
    Check the bootlog. Maybe the SEC chip is faulty.

10. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

What is the bootlog? does it get generated as a downloadable file? or is it the info that flashed on the screen for a moment at booting.