1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saints Row coming to PS3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by ChocTunda, Jan 31, 2007.

1. ChocTunda

ChocTunda Guest

THQ confirms that the popular action-adventure game will be coming to Sony's next-gen platform.
    By Emma Boyes, GameSpot UK
    Posted Jan 31, 2007 7:17 am PT

Within the first few months of the PlayStation 3 going on sale in the US and Japan, games which had previously been slated as PS3 platform exclusive titles, including Assassin's Creed, Fatal Inertia, and Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War, were announced as branching out to other platforms.

Now, one major Xbox 360 title has been announced as jumping the other way and heading to the PS3. THQ has confirmed rumours that Saints Row will skidding and blasting its way onto the platform in Q2 2007. The game will be playable online via the PlayStation Network.

Saints Row is an open-ended action game in which players star as a member of the 3rd Street Saints gang in the city of Stilwater, exploring the vast urban sprawl and battling rival gangs.

THQ's executive vice president of worldwide publishing, Kelly Flock, commented, "Saints Row has established itself as one of the most successful original properties in next generation gaming, and we're excited to bring the groundbreaking experience to PS3 system fans worldwide. Bringing the open-world genre to the PS3 system for the first time will help grow the Saints Row fan base and expand the open-world online community."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6165027.html?tag=latestnews;title;0

2. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

Sweet I can't wait!

3. nottyer

nottyer Member

Dose anybody know the official release date, i have headed over to amazon.co.uk and they say in june sometime, then if i go over to play.com and they say in may?

i have even heard in being released in july!!!
    anyone know?